Zach Aston-Reese -- Teddy Blueger -- Brandon Tanev
Andrew Agozzino -- Sam Lafferty -- Patric Hornqvist
Jack Johnson -- Kris Letang
Marcus Pettersson -- Justin Schultz
Juuso Riikola -- Chad Ruhwedel
Tristan Jarry
Matt Murray
Scratched: Anthony Angello
Injured: Nick Bjugstad (core muscle surgery), Brian Dumoulin (ankle surgery), Jake Guentzel(shoulder surgery), Dominik Kahun(concussion), John Marino (facial surgery)

A1451C95-8DB2-4CD4-8BA7-D6A3DEBC7D63.gif

Projected lineup

Scratched: Cameron Gaunce
Injured: Steven Stamkos (lower body), Ryan McDonagh (lower body), Jan Rutta (lower body)

Lineups Updated as per NHL.com 10:00 PST
IMG_4771.GIF

Stats courtesy of The Score app
IMG_4767.PNG

IMG_4768.PNG

IMG_4769.PNG

IMG_4770.PNG

Excited to try out our new player, I've watched him against the Canucks and he's similar to Kunitz. Steep price, but if he's a contributing part of getting to the Cup:
IMG_4583.GIF

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
FWIW according to twitter, it sounds like people expect Zucker to be in tonight. There aren't any legit sources saying that, just accounts referencing unnamed sources that Zucker should be good to go for tonight.

It's not super surprising, the Wild are planning on Galchenyuk playing tonight so I imagine Zucker is in the same situation.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
I'm expecting to see these top two lines tonight
Zucker - Sid - Simon
McCann - Geno - Rust

Unfortunately Sully doesn't like to play Horny on the 4th line and he refuses to break up the ZAR - Blueger - Tanev line. He also seems to like to neuter McCann by keeping him on the wing. It's pretty sad that the team just got a LW and their 2nd best LW option is way better at centre. Maybe Sully needs to go full blender and give Lafferty, Angello or Aggozzino a chance with Geno, or even try Tanev on Geno's LW.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Is Tampa really missing Stammer too? I know they miss McDonagh.. And they are also tired or at least they are supposed to be. This is maybe a fair game finally. That said we are just playing one tough game after another after another...

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Not that I think a game against Tampa is the best place to try to figure out what works, but Sully should really try a few things over the next couple games, or at least until Kahun is back. I would start with this:

Zucker - Sid - Simon
Lafferty - Geno - Rust
Aggozino - McCann - Horny
ZAR - Bleuger - Tanev

If this doesn't work for Geno then try Aggozino or ZAR there for a couple shifts. If none of them work on that 2nd line then maybe try Tanev. Or they could try Johnson. I'm sure one of these 5 guys should work well with Geno and Rust, without gutting the other three lines and allowing McCann to play the role that he is best suited for. If it doesn't work, for whatever reason, than JR needs another LW brought in.

Reactions: Dominance

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Looks like Murray is going to start again tonight as Jarry was out skating with presumed scratches Angello and Kahun today...I’m not sure I agree with that decision or understand it...he played against Tampa a few days ago and while he played fine, we still gave up three goals and it was not a special outing...Jarry’s puckhandling with our D so depleted could be critical against a team like Tampa who likes to possess the puck...if we can hold onto the puck more, it will give us a fighting chance...

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Looks like Murray is going to start again tonight as Jarry was out skating with presumed scratches Angello and Kahun today...I’m not sure I agree with that decision or understand it...he played against Tampa a few days ago and while he played fine, we still gave up three goals and it was not a special outing...Jarry’s puckhandling with our D so depleted could be critical against a team like Tampa who likes to possess the puck...if we can hold onto the puck more, it will give us a fighting chance...

Agreed, think TJ should get the call after last performance but we shall see. Both goalies need to outperform with this D.

I just hope Crosby has some jump getting Zucker.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad