GDT: Game 55 || Jets @ Jackets

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
They can give up the late goal here because these wins mean nothing. Only losing for draft position matters. Even after giving up the late goal in the last game. There’s nothing to be gained, no value or benefit to winning and hard-fought game.
One wise poster has also told me that there's no reason to get excited about hockey games because ultimately no one can control the results. There are no favorites to win the cup, every outcome is completely random in this sport.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Being last guarantees 3rd pick, that’s actually huge
There's 4 at the top, even if we finish second to last, that gets us one of those guys. It might not be what some want, but it could actually be a savvy move if Laine is wanting 9M+ and we could just move him for assets and replace him with Michkov on an ELC

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
There's 4 at the top, even if we finish second to last, that gets us one of those guys. It might not be what some want, but it could actually be a savvy move if Laine is wanting 9M+ and we could just move him for assets and replace him with Michkov on an ELC
Who’s our centers ?

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I doubt that in that scenario GM Nash would even consider extending Laine

• Haha
Reactions: CBJx614 and VT

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
One wise poster has also told me that there's no reason to get excited about hockey games because ultimately no one can control the results. There are no favorites to win the cup, every outcome is completely random in this sport.
I agree the results can’t be controlled. A lineup full of call ups and starting its backup goalie and on the second night of a back to back could beat a rested and healthy first-place team. No matter how hard you try to lose, you could win. No matter how hard you try to win, you could lose. You could banish all your young players to the AHL and the veteran scraps you plug into your lineup could find some magic and go on a run. You could play your young and inexperienced players and they could figure it out and go on a run.

The best-laid plans…

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I agree the results can’t be controlled. A lineup full of call ups and starting its backup goalie and on the second night of a back to back could beat a rested and healthy first-place team. No matter how hard you try to lose, you could win. No matter how hard you try to win, you could lose. You could banish all your young players to the AHL and the veteran scraps you plug into your lineup could find some magic and go on a run. You could play your young and inexperienced players and they could figure it out and go on a run.

The best-laid plans…
You plan, god laughs

I’m a tanker but I’m happy with the win (and my Laine bet hitting)
Good to beat the Jets in a game that matters for two “major pieces” on our roster.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I have done the same. Trade Elvis as best you can. Re-sign Korpi.
It’s not a good problem to have. Leaving the play and contract status of Korpisalo out of it entirely, the money and years committed to Elvis is mind blowing and needs to be addressed.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Win at home, nice goal by KJ, both Laine & Roslovic on the board, another good game by Korpi, come on, enjoy the little things. Playing the Jets must still have a bit of extra meaning for both Laine & Roslovic, it's still mostly the same team and they both played there for many years. It's the kind of game you shouldn't feel bad about winning even if you're a die hard tanker.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I have done the same. Trade Elvis as best you can. Re-sign Korpi.

No one has posed a realistic trade of what that looks like.

Cal Petersen was waived - no one wanted him *FOR FREE.* Elvis has 4 more years after this one at $5.4m/year with a 10-team no trade list. Cal Petersen is "only" signed through '24-'25 at $5m/year.

Moving Elvis now (i.e. selling low) would not look dissimilar to the David Clarkson trade. You'd likely have to include a 1st round pick with him and there are only 21 teams not on his list you could even trade him to.

Reactions: CBJx614 and Fro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad