GDT: Game 55 || Jets @ Jackets

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I'm watching the Jets stream tonight and they are discussing who won the trade between the clubs. They claim the Jets did easily, then showed the stats of Jack and Pat vs. Dubios, just after Dubios penalty and Patty goal...
I'd say a loss for both unless Jets win the cup this year or they manage to get a better return than Laine+Roslovic for PLD.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Boqvist looked pretty great on the PP here, moving the puck efficiently and fast.

Then a Dubois breakaway because of Laine's blocked shot from the blue line, Laine can't race him down but Korpi makes the save, then Laine-Gaudreau and a great chance in front of the net... eventful PP for sure.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
I'm watching the Jets stream tonight and they are discussing who won the trade between the clubs. They claim the Jets did easily, then showed the stats of Jack and Pat vs. Dubios, just after Dubios penalty and Patty goal...
Imo, obvious big win for the Jets. They got a big young centerman who's on a 82 point season pace. Jackets got a one dimensional weak side PP threat and another guy who's just a guy.

Reactions: thebus88 and DJA

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Boqvist looked pretty great on the PP here, moving the puck efficiently and fast.

Then a Dubois breakaway because of Laine's blocked shot from the blue line, Laine can't race him down but Korpi makes the save, then Laine-Gaudreau and a great chance in front of the net... eventful PP for sure.
Yup.. Werenski can go to PP2 next year .. Boquist is much better moving the puck

AndBoomGoesTheCannon

Feb 21, 2019
Cleveland, OH
Imo, obvious big win for the Jets. They got a big young centerman who's on a 82 point season pace. Jackets got a one dimensional weak side PP threat and another guy who's just a guy.
Big win if he resigns for sure, but seems that he is forcing his way out of another team. In the end both teams will most likely say 'meh'.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Let’s compare once we have a couple legit centers , and the roster isn’t half injured most of the year . Also PLDouche is headed to Montreal in what , 2024 ?

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
No worries, my post really wasn't directed to you personally....... just venting my 23 Year frustration at watching former players thrive elsewhere

Let’s compare once we have a couple legit centers , and the roster isn’t half injured most of the year . Also PLDouche is headed to Montreal in what , 2024 ?
23 year quest for centermen....

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
We’ll see how the jets finish this year and next year

Right now it’s a pretty lopsided trade for them. When PLD walks, assuming they haven’t won a cup, it’ll probably even out a bit.

I’m not sure the Jackets can come out on top of that trade considering how much it set the franchise back.

Reactions: DJA

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
just got my stream fired up. haven't watched a game for a while. Get tuned in just to see them talking about betting lines involving kirill and the power-play during the intermission? I didnt really understand.

I just really dont like the sports gambling and it surprises me it bothers me as much as it does

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad