GDT: Game 55: Avs vs Jets | 8 PM MT | February 6, 2016 | There's a Hockey Game Tonight

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I doubt Rantanen would go straight into the top six but we badly need him to replace Comeau there. There's few things as frustrating as players like Comeau who think they're skilled players now and can't be bothered to always do the things that made them effective to begin with. Put him back in the bottom six where he belongs and maybe he'll work his ass off defensively and go to all the dirty areas in the offensive zone on a regular basis.

We know that if Rantanen gets called up, he's likely going to replace Grigorenko on the top line while Comeau keeps his 2nd line RW spot. I've been ok with Comeau this season but he definitely isn't doing the little things which are the reason he got the contract from us in the summer in the first place.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Roy loves Comeau with Soda, I doubt that one is going to change.

I think Rantanen would go on the 3rd/4th line, whatever we are calling it, to start and then go up with MacKinnon and Duchene eventually

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I'm surprised Roy loves Comeau this much as he is wildly inconsistent. Even shift-by-shift.

Also, Comeau must have the worst hand-ice coordination in the entire league. Can't bat a puck in the air to save his life. A miss every time.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Roy loves Comeau with Soda, I doubt that one is going to change.

I think Rantanen would go on the 3rd/4th line, whatever we are calling it, to start and then go up with MacKinnon and Duchene eventually

I don't necessarily agree. I think Roy loves Comeau.

I think the Landy - Yeti pairing can insulate Rants early and then Comeau can be used in the famous Roy Rotation with Grigs on the Dutch-MacK pairing.

It would be nice if we at least get to see how it plays out though either way, but I won't old my breath it happens before the deadline at this rate.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I'm surprised Roy loves Comeau this much as he is wildly inconsistent. Even shift-by-shift.

Also, Comeau must have the worst hand-ice coordination in the entire league. Can't bat a puck in the air to save his life. A miss every time.

he has a hard enough time making a pass man lol watch him carefully next game and see how long it takes for him to move that puck.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
he has a hard enough time making a pass man lol watch him carefully next game and see how long it takes for him to move that puck.

I wonder if he can improve at that like Mitchell has? Mitchell lately has had other issues (almost looks motivational), besides when he actually passes the puck. He does not hold onto it nearly as long as he used to.

It took him, what? A good year and a half to correct that issue?

However with Comeau, his puck handling skills are no where near Mitchell's. Personally I have no idea how Comeau gets more points except that hes with better line mates.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
If the teams were reversed it would be three games, so I'm expecting a fine

...and the jets fans feel like a hearing is only taking place because it was a Jets-player.

Can't we just all agree that refs and DoPS doesn't hold grudges against certain teams? It's just so childish. "Refs always hate my team". Grow up ffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad