GDT: Game 54: Stars @ Avs | Thursday, February 4th, 7pm MT | Wake Me Up

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Another awesome Swedish band. I always thought this song could be adapted into a really awesome intro song for a sports team. Probably a little too heavy for the general public's taste.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
Mack's 200th game tonight, wow time flies! He needs to pick his game up especially in the offensive zone, granted having only one good winger doesn't help. I will admit that his defensive game has grown leaps and bounds since his rookie year, which is a major step for any young player in the NHL.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lol I have no time for music elitism, sorry

Also I've liked the music beyond Tarja, some of my favorite songs came after her (The Crow The Owl and The Dove, Alpenglow, The Islander)

I don't know if that was bad English on your part, but yikes if this is not. How is stating my opinion considered music elitism? :laugh::help:

@Bubba: Yeah I am a old school guy myself, but only for my favourite albums. I normally just buy the digital download, but the actual album for my favourite bands.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Shout-out to forsbergavs for the CoB... The whole Are You Dead Yet? album is pretty solid.

Not getting Finnish music on Saturday though since I have a completely different theme... Will I tell you what it is? Neigh.

Or maybe y'all are just bored :laugh:

Definitely. Love a good OT convo at the start of a GDT.

Last edited:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Mack's 200th game tonight, wow time flies! He needs to pick his game up especially in the offensive zone, granted having only one good winger doesn't help. I will admit that his defensive game has grown leaps and bounds since his rookie year, which is a major step for any young player in the NHL.

3 goals and 1 assist in his last 10 games and we have a 6-4 record. He's been held without a shot on goal in 2 of those 10 games.

He needs to pick it up in a big way. And for the love of god stop over-stickhandling the puck.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

That's got to be close to a record age wise. 200 games and still only 20 for another seven months.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Not sure if trolling

well... I did not open that pandoras box..
Maybe Waterloo will be appropriate... no offense to the grinders and rockabillies out there, but I always like 80s era ballads, from Billy Joel to Abba to ??

Any way not too much of a troll I hope.. so if I offended I apologise and will go back to my rock pile, I mean cafe

So Against these guys we really need to have a big win... Starting the last game like some hung over frat boys was a poor showing...

Lets see if we can come out blazing tonight ..

How about some top line scoring and some d scoring?

Avs 3 2 is my prediction but my hope is a 7 2 rout

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
well... we do have a great amount of north of the Berlin to Belgium line music in our US music culture.. rock on dudes.. or maybe I should use some thing a little softer ? like:
play on you soft hearted lovers( of hockey)

GO AVS !
I need a good McL gordie tonight... I love winning and watching the avs win is a great substitute

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
3 goals and 1 assist in his last 10 games and we have a 6-4 record. He's been held without a shot on goal in 2 of those 10 games.

He needs to pick it up in a big way. And for the love of god stop over-stickhandling the puck.

I just think having Duchene on his wing has made him stagnate offensively, he doesn't have to be the catalyst on his line with Dutch playing like he has been this season. And yeah the stick-handling is a bit of an issue but hey it worked for him during the series against the Wild.

I'd like to see Soda and Mack switch for a game, just to see if it helps Mack get going a bit.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
This thread, just a disaster to read on the phone.

Yeah I've had to stay out of this thread all day on my damn laptop lol. Waited until it went to page three, then bam the first post was another youtube video.

As far as the Avs, I'm not liking all of this talk/headlines about how many times we've beaten Dallas. Such a setup for a let down, and it's going to be us being pissed off at losing our last game against them being pissed off about outplaying us and losing to us. Then add in their overall recent record.

Tonight is either going to be sweet as hell, or a barn burner with the Avs trapped inside the barn lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad