GDT: Game 54: Red Wings @ Sabres - 2/9 1pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
He slid behind the first post with his left leg and couldn’t push over fast enough. His major flaw is moving way too dramatically.
What I don't understand with Ullmark is why is he doing it? When you watch goalies in warm up and practice they slide post to post repeatedly. Skate to post and push off to the other post.

Ullmark went past the first post by a foot or more.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
It’s not your fault. The human mind is terrible at statistics. We build narratives because we don’t understand how chance works.

They’re neither mentally tough nor weak. They’re a mediocre team.

They are definitely mentally weak, thats why they are mediocre...stats have nothing to do with it

How many goals have they give up right after scoring? Mental

I attribute alot of that to youth

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
It depends, it is situational. The fact that the defence gets lectured and its Scandella who never gets benched. Its not all plays like I said but when Scandella makes bad play after bad play sooner or later you have to put that on the coach for not holding him accountable.
Hmm I agree that phil has to hold him accountable but I think scandella still has to shoulder some responsibility. If getting scratched or scolded by the coach is the only thing to wake you up, you've got personal issues. Just my opinion

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Detroit strikes me as a team that simply does not give a f***. We need to bury them in the third.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Risto on pace for 55 points. Very impressive. Have not had a D this good creating production since Campbell and before him Zhitnik.

First time Buffalo has had two 30-point defensemen since 2010-11 (Myers, Leopold).

If both Risto and Dahlin finish over 40, it'll be the first time Buffalo has had two 40-point defensemen since 05-06, I believe (Campbell, Numminen).

Reactions: Rasmi

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
They are definitely mentally weak, thats why they are mediocre...stats have nothing to do with it

How many goals have they give up right after scoring? Mental

I attribute alot of that to youth

You’re the exact sort of person I pray is at my poker tables.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Hmm I agree that phil has to hold him accountable but I think scandella still has to shoulder some responsibility. If getting scratched or scolded by the coach is the only thing to wake you up, you've got personal issues. Just my opinion
After 60 games and repeated mistakes, giveaways and bad plays and never held accountable how can you expect it to change? For me there is a period where it has to stop happening if it continues to happen and the coach does nothing about it then its on him.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Risto on pace for 55 points. Very impressive. Have not had a D this good creating production since Campbell and before him Zhitnik.
Risto always paces for 55-60 points during the first ~50 games of the season. Hoping that we can lower his minutes so he doesn't erode off of that pace like usual. He has held on a bit longer than last year, which is a good sign.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Risto always paces for 55-60 points during the first ~50 games of the season. Hoping that we can lower his minutes so he doesn't erode off of that pace like usual. He has held on a bit longer than last year, which is a good sign.

Scoring is up what 10% league wide? Some things need to be recalibrated.

Although people on HF still treat 80 points as typical 1st liner. So they’re still 25 years away from the early 90s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad