GDT: Game 54: Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
@OldCraig71 said "Molson and Bergevin discussing his future with the team, Friedman wondering if there is an extension on the way. If he is given a new deal I believe that it will be the final straw for many in the fanbase. Thoughts?"

Strange time to be discussing his future unless it's as an usher in the stands. :dunno:

WTF do we do if Molson steps down and Bergevin is our next President. :help: I wouldn't put it past Geoffie Boy.

...that would mean a better chance of me going to jail...

Reactions: Rapala

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Molson and Bergevin discussing his future with the team, Friedman wondering if there is an extension on the way. If he is given a new deal I believe that it will be the final straw for many in the fanbase. Thoughts?

I think it might for me. We'll see. Can't stand watching so much incompetence.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
I love that Molson has to consult Bergevin in order to potentially fire him lol. f***ing coward. The only hope is that Bergevin gets fed up with everyone attacking him and leaves himself.
It's like a bad breakup with the crazy clingy gf.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Molson and Bergevin discussing his future with the team, Friedman wondering if there is an extension on the way. If he is given a new deal I believe that it will be the final straw for many in the fanbase. Thoughts?

It would be... tough to continue if bergevin is extended...

HOPEFULLY what's actually being discussed is "looking to go in a new direction, thanks for your services marc"
Plz plz plz plz
AND a new Gm would get rid of this idiot Ducharme too

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Yup. f*** the mediocrity and politics driven management.

As a Torontonian it baffles me. I thought Quebec was the hardcore francophone team. So why do the Habs act like it in their absence. That was rhetorical btw

Unclewhalebone

Aug 28, 2009
I wonder if Anderson is tough to play with. Style wise he seems most effective driving the net. He is limited in puck skills and passing. I dont find his boardwork great.

He is amazing playing one on one power game but tough to create chemistry. Lots of one and done plays

He would be better if our forecheck game was strong, but the Habs are becoming way more passive in the o-zone. In all zones actually.
Maybe he would be better with Evans and Lehk.

Reactions: Canadienna

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
McKenna is a loser, he blocked me for saying Subban would never make the Olympic squad.

I don’t listen to him at all.

But you bringing this up reminds me about his comments about the Habs covid situation. His take was terrible.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
They might as well not have talked about it at all because it provided zero insight into the situation one way or the other.
The fact that it even made it headlines makes me nervous. If MB has any sense of pride at all, he steps away from being a GM, he is terrible at the job and has built nothing in 9 years and won't get any better. My fear is Molson, he has no desire to win and might happily keep MB for another 4-5 years.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
If MB's contract is extended we may have to shop for a new team to cheer for.

Seriously, the thought is depressing.

I'll always have love/appreciation for the team but with a brand new franchise coming in, I'd be tempted to just start following them for the novelty.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
If conversations happen about future, it’s either extension or the GM has expressed a desire to not want to extend at some point...

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
The fact that it even made it headlines makes me nervous. If MB has any sense of pride at all, he steps away from being a GM, he is terrible at the job and has built nothing in 9 years and won't get any better. My fear is Molson, he has no desire to win and might happily keep MB for another 4-5 years.
If we advance, I expect an extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad