GDT: Game 54: Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He’s the Habs best centreman at faceoffs but he hasn’t been that great in the defensive zone:

Defensive zone faceoff %

Staal 52% (he’s 1 for 7 tonight in the DZ)
Danault 47.4%
KK 46.9%
Suzuki 46.5%
Evans 46.4%
Again, Danault wins more faceoffs than anyone else. We are getting destroyed in the faceoffs. He would have helped.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
are you not entertained???
GladiatorMan.gif

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
I wonder if Anderson is tough to play with. Style wise he seems most effective driving the net. He is limited in puck skills and passing. I dont find his boardwork great.

He is amazing playing one on one power game but tough to create chemistry. Lots of one and done plays

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Wow Bergeron with a rant that I totally agree with. That was great.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Molson and Bergevin discussing his future with the team, Friedman wondering if there is an extension on the way. If he is given a new deal I believe that it will be the final straw for many in the fanbase. Thoughts?

They might as well not have talked about it at all because it provided zero insight into the situation one way or the other.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Toronto media talking about how exciting it will be to see these teams play in the playoffs and I'm sitting here watching a team that's about to get swept.

I do believe habs with Gallagher, playoff price, Danault back, hopefully stall either out or on 4th line wing, etc will make Habs noticeably better. Remember price nullifies the shotiness of the D breakouts half of the time. There's a reason they always score more when he's starting vs allen

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
@OldCraig71 said "Molson and Bergevin discussing his future with the team, Friedman wondering if there is an extension on the way. If he is given a new deal I believe that it will be the final straw for many in the fanbase. Thoughts?"

Strange time to be discussing his future unless it's as an usher in the stands. :dunno:

WTF do we do if Molson steps down and Bergevin is our next President. :help: I wouldn't put it past Geoffie Boy.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I wonder if Anderson is tough to play with. Style wise he seems most effective driving the net. He is limited in puck skills and passing. I dont find his boardwork great.

He is amazing playing one on one power game but tough to create chemistry. Lots of one and done plays

Still a useful guy to have and especially so with his heavy presence, but yeah he's not the guy that makes those around him better.

Reactions: Apoplectic Habs Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad