GDT: Game 54: Flames @ Coyotes / 12 Feb 2016 / 7 PM MST/ TV: FSAZ /Radio: 620 AM

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
Louis Domingue with what Sabres fans call a "Ryan Miller Shutout" (a late, ultimately meaningless goal spoiling a real shutout). Congrats to the Yotes; they looked pretty good tonight.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Half-off Papa John's Pizza after that win! Everybody in the Phoenix area party!

Congratulations, Doaner! I hope the Coyotes celebrate the occasion during the next home game!

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
WTF has gotten into Doan this year? Playing some of the best hockey of his career.

Part of it is him being 100% healthy for the first time in a long while. But I also have to think that the young guys - particularly Domi and Martinook - have energized him a bit. He's got great chemistry with those fellas.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Part of it is him being 100% healthy for the first time in a long while. But I also have to think that the young guys - particularly Domi and Martinook - have energized him a bit. He's got great chemistry with those fellas.

I'd also add in he is so invested in this franchise that he wants to do what he can to get these young guys confidence. Losing sucks. This is the first year of the next few to follow with lots of young kids. If the team is playing well those kids are going to gain confidence. He's the man on the ice. If he's doing well, everyone else is going to want to work harder and work for his leadership. He has that respect in the locker room.

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
I'd also add in he is so invested in this franchise that he wants to do what he can to get these young guys confidence. Losing sucks. This is the first year of the next few to follow with lots of young kids. If the team is playing well those kids are going to gain confidence. He's the man on the ice. If he's doing well, everyone else is going to want to work harder and work for his leadership. He has that respect in the locker room.

This is something I wish the Sabres had. The closest they have is Brian Gionta, who's from Western New York, but he's not putting the numbers up with the Sabres and he hasn't played with them very long.

The Yotes are lucky they have Doan, especially with the way he's been playing this year.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
This is something I wish the Sabres had. The closest they have is Brian Gionta, who's from Western New York, but he's not putting the numbers up with the Sabres and he hasn't played with them very long.

The Yotes are lucky they have Doan, especially with the way he's been playing this year.

I wish that the Sabres had a board where you could post what you wish the Sabres had. :nod:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I thought that Boedker played a very good game tonight. First time in a while. Stone played very well. If someone has tape of the game, did KCon fail to box out on the Flames goal or was it just a good or fluke goal by them? Oh, and Domingue has had 2 very good games in a row. He wandered out of the net a bit much for me but didn't get burned by it. He had some very, very nice saves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad