GDT: Game 54: Flames @ Coyotes / 12 Feb 2016 / 7 PM MST/ TV: FSAZ /Radio: 620 AM

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
200px-Calgary_Flames_Logo.svg.png

Calgary Flames

Gaudreau - Monahan - Hudler
Bennett - Backlund - Frolik
Ferland - Granlund - Colborne
Bouma - Stajan - Jooris

Giordano - Brodie
Russell - Hamilton
Smid - Engelland

Hiller
Ortio

(the Flames GDT was no help and I was too lazy to look elsewhere - edit: Thanks Anglesmith for the update)

VS

200px-Arizona_Coyotes.svg.png

Arizona Coyotes

DOMI - HANZAL (A) - DUCLAIR
RIEDER - VERMETTE - BOEDKER
MARTINOOK - RICHARDSON - DOAN (C)
CHIPCHURA - GAUDET - ????

OEL (A) - MURPHY
DAHLBECK - MICHALEK
GROSSMANN - STONE
???? (maybe 7 D, who knows?)

DOMINGUE
LINDBACK

(the lines are just a guess, your mileage may vary)

Interesting Notes

Captain Shane Doan, who leads the team with 19 goals, needs just one point to tie Dale Hawerchuk on the franchise’s all-time points list; Doan has 928, Hawerchuk has 929. He also needs just one more power-play goal to break a tie with Hawerchuk for first place on that franchise list. Both have 122.

Calgary (25-25-3) beat San Jose, 6-5 in a shootout, on Thursday night to extend its winning streak to three games.

Tonight's giveaway

Home Jersey Cooler

GV_red.jpg

Raising Coyotes Jersey Exchange
from 4:30-7pm at Gate 4

Trade in your adult jersey from any other active NHL team and get an Arizona Coyotes jersey for each kid in your family (ages 14 and under).

I'm going to the game tonight. If you want to play along, here's the latest craze, NASHO. Let me know if I missed a good saying for the card

picture.php

Last edited:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Well, she beat you by seconds, but you gave a lot more detail?

(I had a rare appearance in the lower bowl Wednesday. And there were about 20 Flames fans at the back of my section. I told them they were early...

...hey maybe the whole "come on down for some hockey, timbits, and sunshine" campaign is working? )

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

(I had a rare appearance in the lower bowl Wednesday. And there were about 20 Flames fans at the back of my section. I told them they were early...

...hey maybe the whole "come on down for some hockey, timbits, and sunshine" campaign is working? )

It worked long before timbits

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
OH speaking of Nashisms, head on a swivel is one of the dumbest phrases uttered.

Though that one isn't exclusive to Nash he is one of the biggest disseminators :laugh:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
tumblr_ni0kjrfWLm1s2wio8o1_500.gif

Using my anti-Haterade decoder on my own GDT, we're looking at:

Gaudreau - Monahan - Hudler
Bennett - Backlund - Frolik
Ferland - Granlund - Colborne
Bouma - Stajan - Jooris

Giordano - Brodie
Russell - Hamilton
Smid - Engelland

Hiller
Ortio

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
OH speaking of Nashisms, head on a swivel is one of the dumbest phrases uttered.

Though that one isn't exclusive to Nash he is one of the biggest disseminators :laugh:

Just imagine if they teamed up Nash with Ron Wolfley for some sporting event. Now that would be painful to listen to.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida

Might be here for the Presidents Day tournament. I had 5 games in that tournament today (pretty tired now). I also had to kick out a coach today.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
A phrase used by coaches for literally decades is one of the dumbest ever uttered? :shakehead

Yes, the phrase is inane. I didn't know there was a way for ones head not to swivel. It's like saying "it is what it is". "Keep your head up" is a substantially more poignant cliche if we're gonna be dropping tired phrases.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Playoff chance % is at 13%. A loss tonight would send it to 8%. Embrace the suck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad