GDT: Game 54: Columbus at New York Islanders | 2/14 7PM EST

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I wouldn't go that far, he's on pace for almost 60 pts, that would be the second best point total in his career. I know he isn't the guy that scored 37 goals anymore, but I think he's been damn good. What a steal for Umby...

Agreed.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
The lesson for Forsberg: skill level between Allsvenskan/AHL and one of the best team in the NHL at this moment jumbo. Working, working and working. Possible to become a backup for him, the guy has potential. Defense played terrible today.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Second night of a back-to-back, and an away game at that, playing your third-string goalie, against a strong opponent... As an adherent to neither the "playoffs!" nor "draft!" point of view, I can be OK with this loss.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I realize there is a lot of Cotton love on this board, but quite frankly watching him the last three games makes me see why Dallas didn't want him.

Dude needs to pick it back up as far as I'm concerned.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
no clue how anyone could say Forsberg was bad last night...too many guys left alone right in front of the goalno one playing defense to help him out...that many shots on goal, you're bound to have a softy or two, still no idea what Joey was doing on the the one goal when he was on the left side where no Islanders were...what an ugly game from the defenders...

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
no clue how anyone could say Forsberg was bad last night...too many guys left alone right in front of the goalno one playing defense to help him out...that many shots on goal, you're bound to have a softy or two, still no idea what Joey was doing on the the one goal when he was on the left side where no Islanders were...what an ugly game from the defenders...

I wasn't able to watch the third (it was Valentine's Day after all), but what I saw of him through 2, I was pleased with. The third was a disaster, can't comment on that though

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
He gave up 4 really soft goals, the first 2 and last 2. I can't blame him on Connauton's blunder or the slam dunk. But I believe CMac keeps it to 3 and gives us a chance to win. Nobody will ever throw a goalie under the bus, especially a rookie, but you can see on the forwards faces how mad they are, they played good enough to win, defense was the usual soft in front of their own net, horrible with the puck in both ends, but I felt all 4 lines of forwards played well.

First goal had two guys left alone right on top of him. Fourth goal was a flukey bounce right to, you guessed it, a guy left all alone on the doorstep. The 6th goal was the only soft one I saw. Our defense was brutalized all night.

But I'm not apologizing for Forsberg. I said he wasn't ready for the show and he's not yet. But he has the potential to be really good in a few years.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
First goal had two guys left alone right on top of him. Fourth goal was a flukey bounce right to, you guessed it, a guy left all alone on the doorstep. The 6th goal was the only soft one I saw. Our defense was brutalized all night.

But I'm not apologizing for Forsberg. I said he wasn't ready for the show and he's not yet. But he has the potential to be really good in a few years.

Goals 1, 2, 5, 6 all were unscreened shots, no deflections, clear view of them and didn't stop them, soft is a strong term, but "he would like that one back" would apply to those 4 goals. Can't blame him for the third and fourth goals.

Our defense is always garbage but I can only blame them for 2 of them this time

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Goals 1, 2, 5, 6 all were unscreened shots, no deflections, clear view of them and didn't stop them, soft is a strong term, but "he would like that one back" would apply to those 4 goals. Can't blame him for the third and fourth goals.

We must have been watching different games. No goalie was going to stop the second goal - an absolutely beautiful roof job. He was definitely screened on the 5th goal.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

Something, something...clear the crease/puck...

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
We must have been watching different games. No goalie was going to stop the second goal - an absolutely beautiful roof job. He was definitely screened on the 5th goal.

Didn't you go to the game?

How were those glass seats? Any pics?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad