GDT: Game 54: Columbus at New York Islanders | 2/14 7PM EST

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Well since we didn't win this game we won't be talking playoffs again right?

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Growing part of me not happy with HCTR starting Forsberg for this game... Not that CMac would have changed much but just feels like Forsberg has got put into some unfavorable matchups. Not the way to grow a guy...

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Growing part of me not happy with HCTR starting Forsberg for this game... Not that CMac would have changed much but just feels like Forsberg has got put into some unfavorable matchups.

It is exactly the game that you sacrifice Forsberg to. Made sense to start him. That is the life of the #3 goaltender on your depth chart.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
I'm on to HNIC.......

Oh, and yeah; Forsberg miles from being ready for the show........

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Well that was pretty classy by the guys to give Forsberg a few taps/pats. Hard not to feel bad for him.

I don't. He clearly needs a lot more work before he's ready for NHL duty. Good experience for him; let's him know how much work he has ahead of him.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
They were all there, gathered, lifting and dropping their sticks in the air repeatedly. Started to look like the NHL version of a circle jerk.

Yes yes yes!

Fans have been doing it all year. Now players joining in on the fun.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Am I the only one who came away not discouraged by this loss?

Realizing that they gave up a ton of shots, their defensive zone play was really the only negative for the team in this game. But, they competed right up until the final buzzer and the power play was fantastic all night. They were scrappy, combative, and if a couple of saves get made the game is very different heading down the stretch.

Anton Forsberg is a year or two away from being an NHL goaltender, and I'm fine with that.

If they play like that in the final two games against the Islanders, I have a hard time not seeing them win. Clean up the defensive zone and they're in good shape.

A49ER08

Feb 14, 2015
I'm a Devils fan who happens to live in Long Island
I was at this Isles game tonight vs your Blue Jackets

I was rootin for you guys hehe
your team showed alot of heart.

goaltender was a bit abused I thought.. and the Isles did seem to play a bit more physical

Hartnell played like he always does.. fiesty.

and that one kid you guys got Toupee, Troup, or whatever his name is.. man he made some flashy moves going from the defensive zone to the offensive zone..

and Atkinson, that kid can play in this league.. not to mention one of the better skaters on the ice tonight it seemed like.

keep your heads up, nothing to be ashamed of..
and **** the Isles!

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

He gave up 4 really soft goals, the first 2 and last 2. I can't blame him on Connauton's blunder or the slam dunk. But I believe CMac keeps it to 3 and gives us a chance to win. Nobody will ever throw a goalie under the bus, especially a rookie, but you can see on the forwards faces how mad they are, they played good enough to win, defense was the usual soft in front of their own net, horrible with the puck in both ends, but I felt all 4 lines of forwards played well.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Am I the only one who came away not discouraged by this loss?

Realizing that they gave up a ton of shots, their defensive zone play was really the only negative for the team in this game. But, they competed right up until the final buzzer and the power play was fantastic all night. They were scrappy, combative, and if a couple of saves get made the game is very different heading down the stretch.

Anton Forsberg is a year or two away from being an NHL goaltender, and I'm fine with that.

If they play like that in the final two games against the Islanders, I have a hard time not seeing them win. Clean up the defensive zone and they're in good shape.

I'm only discouraged in the fact that the forwards played their hearts out, got tons of chances, hit everything in site and our goalie and defense let them down. But NYI is the team we strive to be, very physical and chippy and makes you pay a price. If we start playing the body like we did tonight, they will win a lot of games down the stretch, still holding out hope!

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I know he's a shadow of his former self but I love Hartnell.

I wouldn't go that far, he's on pace for almost 60 pts, that would be the second best point total in his career. I know he isn't the guy that scored 37 goals anymore, but I think he's been damn good. What a steal for Umby...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad