GDT: Game 54: ANA @ MTL | Quack Quack | Feb. 5, 2019 7:30pm ET, TSN2, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I didn't invent the term, i've seen the term Mexican Poutine thrown around. They invented Carne Asada Fries in San Diego, same city where our AHL team is. Carne Asada, beans, sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo & cheese over French Fries, 1000+ Calories of goodness. The cheese used might be queso fresco or oaxaca cheese.

we're just messing with ya. Sounds pretty good.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Honestly, I have no idea what to expect for this one.

I'm normally weary of playing a team who just got spanked, but the ducks have been getting alot of that now, and the results haven't been changing.

It almost feels like it's a club waiting for something to happen. I'm thinking carlyle is on borrowed time.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Awesome GDT! Should be a fun match, wonder who is Bergevin scouting now? Montour perhaps? Silverberg? Excited to watch hockey once again with my dad!

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Awesome GDT! Should be a fun match, wonder who is Bergevin scouting now? Montour perhaps? Silverberg? Excited to watch hockey once again with my dad!

Lucky guy, enjoy every moment with your dad. I lost mine years ago and he wasn't at all into sports. It's a great bonding experience, esp. when you both enjoy doing the same stuff.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Honestly, I have no idea what to expect for this one.

I'm normally weary of playing a team who just got spanked, but the ducks have been getting alot of that now, and the results haven't been changing.

It almost feels like it's a club waiting for something to happen. I'm thinking carlyle is on borrowed time.
The Senators said the same thing but then they kicked our butt lol. We've been beaten by all the bad teams: Sens, Kings, RedWings, Devils etc. The only good teams we beat were the Lightning, Capitals & Penguins.

Reactions: Runner77

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Lucky guy, enjoy every moment with your dad. I lost mine years ago and he wasn't at all into sports. It's a great bonding experience, esp. when you both enjoy doing the same stuff.
Sorry for your loss man, yea I finally went back home and decided I will stay at home now! Indeed it is a good bonding family moments, my dad was the happiest as I bought him Montreal misc items! And now he says "finally I got someone to watch hockey with!" Haha

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
So Byron out?

I really hope he isn't out for a while. Good thing Shaw is back soon. If Lord Byron is out for a bit, I wouldn't be surprised seeing MB make a move to cover his absence, and have Byron's return be the addition later on come playoff time.

-------

Such a trap game. I really hope we use legs and get an early lead.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Sorry for you. Hope you were able to still have some bonding with him. I've had rough patches with my own in the past, but in the last few years we've become much closer, a lot more bonding than in between my teens up to my early 30's. Now, all I want is to do as many things as possible with him, cuz I know he won't be here eternally.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Just win tonight. Our next 4 games are against Winnipeg and Toronto at home then Nashville and TB on the road. Far tougher match-ups.

Ducks are free-falling last thing we want to do is give them a parachute. It's a good opportunity to take a look at a few of their players though. Silfverberg is having a tough year but is a good player and is a RH shot. Then maybe one of Fowler or Lindholm as LD, although Ducks LD may be even worse than ours after those 2. They're actually playing Del Zotto, who is awful. They need Mahura and Larsson to make it.

If we could grab someone like Max Jones too I'd go for him. Shit disturber extraordinaire. Julien would love him.

Anyways, Go HABS GOOOOOO!

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I like the original Canadian version better, less calories lol.

My favorite is simple, just add grilled onions and grilled chopped beef on top of the original.

When I feel really fancy, I add diced green onions on top. lol

Oh... and the original is QUEBECER, yes it's Canadian, but really, that's really really an offense here, you don't say Canadian classic poutine.

Classic Quebecer Poutine. Got it?

jk

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
My favorite is simple, just add grilled onions and grilled chopped beef on top of the original.

When I feel really fancy, I add diced green onions on top. lol

Oh... and the original is QUEBECER, yes it's Canadian, but really, that's really really an offense here, you don't say Canadian classic poutine.

Classic Quebecer Poutine. Got it?

jk

Lol yep. Fixed my post to say Quebec. I completely forgot about that.
Kinda like how LA/Anaheim area is kinda like Mexico, our MLB team Angels sometimes acquires players simply cause their Latin, former Montreal Expo Vlad Guerrero was signed in 2004 cause our owner wants Latin players.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
One site is saying that Byron has a broken wrist. They've been right on several items before.

FWIW:

*Screams*

I hope he's back soon. I just want him to magically get to 20G again. He is the glue on the ice and I would imagine his impact is huge off-ice too.

With Tatar out too we have weak ass lineup. Time for Domi/KK/Drouin to step up

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
giphy.gif
I thought I was staring at the past in a magic mirror. :laugh:

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
This is by far the easier for the next lot we're facing. Gotta get the 2 points here.

Kotka with another dazzler, Pricer stop da puck. Grind deez guys.

4-2 final.

GO :habs GO

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This is by far the easier for the next lot we're facing. Gotta get the 2 points here.

Kotka with another dazzler, Pricer stop da puck. Grind deez guys.

4-2 final.

GO :habs GO

However, there are no easy ones. You just never know. Just hoping for the best.

antoniojr

pretty mint.
Feb 21, 2008
The Ducks are probably getting desperate as they've been getting spanked as of late.
Hope the boys get the 2 points as the following 4 games will be tough ones, granted there's another a decent break in between Toronto and Nashville.
Need these points.
GHG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad