GDT: Game 54: ANA @ MTL | Quack Quack | Feb. 5, 2019 7:30pm ET, TSN2, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They used to be the "Mighty" Ducks, but that was a long time ago.

Currently, they're known as sellers and they're on Marc Bergevin's radar:

Now that they're visiting the Habs, which of their players will be making his or their way to the Habs's dressing room by the end of the game?

7ZySq0h.jpg

Pcqo1M0.jpg

There is a game to be had in the interim. Ducks coming to Montreal on the heels of a 6-1 loss to Trana yesterday and having dropped 4 in a row ...

7NEozhD.gif

GRKDA9e.gif

Habs in the meantime, having come back from their long break this past weekend, garnered 3 points out of 4. This guy was particularly intense:

E31owdI.jpg

This other guy is certainly worthy of a campaign-style poster:

5g9Fjdg.jpg

LINEUPS:

Let's see them keep it going.

FJjjMG4.jpg

Last edited:

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Ducks have given up 20 goals in their past 3 games.

Let’s hope we can help them continue the trend of bleeding goals.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Go Habs Go ! After the game I hope Fowler goes with the Habs & i'm curious who we get from Montreal.

Reactions: Rapala

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
A team who has been manhandled the past two games will be in a foul mood. I hope the Habs don’t take them lightly.

I wonder if Kessler will ask Domi for a rematch.

Ducks are 2-12-4 in their last 18

Last edited:

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
A team who has been manhandled the past two games will be in a foul mood. I hope the Habs don’t take them lightly.

I wonder if Kessler will ask Domi for a rematch.

Ducks are 2-12-4 in their last 18

Well we hope Domi would win a rematch, so we can LTIRetire Kesler.
If that happens our GM probably sends Bergevin a free 7th rounder & some Mexican Poutine aka Carne Asada Fries.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
So glad Bergevin’s scouted the last 3 Anaheim games. We’re gonna need his scouting report and insight to beat Anaheim. They’ve been on a 2-12-2 run the last 16 games! :sarcasm:

Reactions: Runner77

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I would hate giving up our first round pick for anything less than a good young player that would fit in with out core for the next few years. We’re in no position to trade any young assets as technically, we’re still rebuilding. I know Fowler is still young, but I want nothing to do with him for the potential cost to us.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Habs need a LD and a big winger, Anaheim will be sellers one would think.

The Ducks 6 D are Lindholm, Fowler, Montour, Manson, Holzer and Del Zotto. 4 of them are LD.

I could easily see a deal for Fowler and possibly Silfverberg or Rackell coming our way for a package based around Lehkonen, a solid RD prospect, a pick(s) and cap relief.

Fowler and Rackell would be epic.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I mean I’m not so high on bringing in Fowler myself, but there’s a world of difference in what Lindholm would cost us as opposed to Fowler.

No doubt about it. I never pretended otherwise. My reply was tongue in cheek.

I doubt MB will be looking to pay what it takes.

Reactions: koyvoo

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
No doubt about it. I never pretended otherwise. My reply was tongue in cheek.

I doubt MB will be looking to pay what it takes.
Ya I know you were just playing. I was just pointing out the obvious. Lindholm is probably one the very last players they’d look to sell anyhow.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Anaheim's terrible season is out of whack with the talent they have. You get the feeling they're suffering a similar internal funk that torpedoed our team a few years back. Which means they might start tossing players overboard. Lindholm and Rackel would be the guys I'd love to get, though I can't see the Ducks trading them unless they're part of the problem over there. Fowler's value has been slipping; don't think he's what we need.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Anaheim's terrible season is out of whack with the talent they have. You get the feeling they're suffering a similar internal funk that torpedoed our team a few years back. Which means they might start tossing players overboard. Lindholm and Rackel would be the guys I'd love to get, though I can't see the Ducks trading them unless they're part of the problem over there. Fowler's value has been slipping; don't think he's what we need.
Depends on what they want for Fowler. If they want to get rid of his contract he might not be a bad pickup. If they want substantial assets then it gets dicey.

My guess is that Randy Carlyle has done Fowler's game no favours and he's probably a buy low candidate. Ducks may want to offload that contract and maybe we could get him for a 2nd.

His analytics aren't great, that scares me a little. Esp since we'd pair him with Weber who's analytics also aren't the best. But Fowler would be much better than anything else we have on the left side and our D is paper thin. With a change a scenery he might turn out to be a pretty good pickup. Petry's analytics weren't good in Edmonton and he's improved since coming here. Same thing might happen with Fowler.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anaheim4ever

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
This year habs are behaving like some dirty cloths team wearing their off-color jersey anywhere..

So every team knows they can have a ride :laugh:

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Which Duck has the most speed, Charater and attitude? That is the guy we will target, stats are not really important.
Fastest skater, easily Fowler. Its always been his best asset imo & he doesn't get to play with many forwards who have that kind of speed. Its why i always thought he shoulda been traded for Hall instead of Edmonton getting Larsson, him & McDavid on the ice would have made Edmonton better.

Depends on what they want for Fowler. If they want to get rid of his contract he might not be a bad pickup. If they want substantial assets then it gets dicey.

My guess is that Randy Carlyle has done Fowler's game no favours and he's probably a buy low candidate. Ducks may want to offload that contract and maybe we could get him for a 2nd.

His analytics aren't great, that scares me a little. Esp since we'd pair him with Weber who's analytics also aren't the best. But Fowler would be much better than anything else we have on the left side and our D is paper thin. With a change a scenery he might turn out to be a pretty good pickup. Petry's analytics weren't good in Edmonton and he's improved since coming here. Same thing might happen with Fowler.

Fowler is very soft, has always been paired with guys who deliver big hits like Weber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad