GDT: Game 53: Yotes @ Flying Machines - 2/6/18 - 6pm - FSA+

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Really? There haven't been any outages since they got electricity ten years ago.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I made the mistake of reading the replies to Tyson's tweet. Apparently the locals find it very offensive :biglaugh:

Reactions: kbay

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
All I know is that it is over 16°C out on the patio at 10:00PM here, and that I was able to watch the entire game last night outside without a sweater.
It's probably easy to get protective and tribal when all three of the people with electricity are huddled together for warmth.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
All I know is that it is over 16°C out on the patio at 10:00PM here, and that I was able to watch the entire game last night outside without a sweater.
It's probably easy to get protective and tribal when all three of the people with electricity are huddled together for warmth.
...with their goats.

Reactions: _Del_

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
"We've got rocks and trees and trees and rocks and rocks and trees and trees and rocks and.. Water... "

Well, snow this time of year, I guess.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
Here in winnipeg during the winter it is dark, and cold. So cold you all you can do is sit huddled near the wood burning stove. No windows on the stove.. no no mustn't let the light escape.. have to force it in to the iron.. any scant heat can not be wasted. Our water pipes pop out of the insulated walls to wrap themselves once or twice around our Television sets... again no heat can be wasted. This is a matter of life or death. Its near these stoves and televisions that we watch our hockey.... and wait... and plan. Wait for when our team ascends to lay waste to the entire Nhl wait for one of your republican presidents to tank the economy hard enough again so we can buy our winter properties.... and then descend among u all in our mismatched clothing and withered bodies.... husks that still carry that burning cold rage born from those years spent in the cold.. and the dark.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
When you live in a place like Winnipeg, you have to be hyper defensive as everyone thinks it is a shit hole.

I never understood that, though. If I lived in Tucson, I'd readily admit that it too is a shit hole. Not to the extent that Winnipeg is, but a shit hole none the less.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Let it be known that a Tyson Nash tweet made everyone agree on something....

In other news, I had a kick ass GDT planned out for this one but I'll have to delay it for the next game.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
People from Winnipeg on the internet are like no other people on earth. Holy cow. The most hypersensitive individuals to ever type characters into a dialogue box.

They feel they are owed something for putting up with living in Winnipeg. Move away, I say.

Phoenix isn't great by any stretch for normal folk but Scottsdale is probably top 5 for professional athletes.

Reactions: cobra427

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
You lived in Yuma? You okay?

Hahaha dad was a marine and decided to retire there.

We lived in a small town in Japan for 17 years. Dad is white. Mom is Japanese. When my dad was retiring, he wanted to stay in Japan and my mom wanted to leave to come stateside. She said that if we stayed in Japan my brother and I would’ve ended up joining the military and likely leaving anyways.

Had I known Yuma was the destination I would’ve told my family my family to stay and take that chance.

I always hope my parents come up to visit me, because Yuma sucks. Every time I drive up and over Dome Valley I want to drive off the side of the hill.

Reactions: Yandover

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I live in downtown Winnipeg and we have power. With our power lines downtown all underground it seems unlikely that the Fairmont would be without power.
Ask for extra blankets and get some sleep. There's nothing to do here anyways. The staff is excellent and they will send some hot tea and soup to your rooms. Oh. Never mind.

Reactions: SniperHF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad