GDT: Game 53: Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs 5/6/21 7:00pm EST TSN2, RDS (HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Not expecting anything tonight with how the team didn't show up last night...expecting the line blender to be in full effect...Dum Dom and Bargain Bin need to be shown the door as soon as this sad-sack season is over...
I was reluctant to jettison DD after not giving him a real chance but I think a complete coaching and management house cleaning needs to happen

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I was reluctant to jettison DD after not giving him a real chance but I think a complete coaching and management house cleaning needs to happen

A complete reset of this Organization needs to happen ASAP...stop hiring dinosaur coaches who can only rehash 80's & 90's hockey instead of understanding the speed & skill of today's NHL...hire a competent GM who understands today's game instead of just trying to band-aid a mediocre team with over-the-hill vets and outdated ideas...Molson needs to pull his head outta his arse and understand that he is the owner of the most prestigious franchise in the NHL...it's damn time they started acting like it...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Why si everyone so negative about this game, we literally beat them like 4 days ago.

The Sens have been beating everyone since the deadline...

I think the large majority want Bergevin out and it's that frustration that is boiling over...

Personally, I'm not surprised we lost. the line combos were bad. Gotta have better combos than that while we wait for the injured to come back.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Perhaps in summer 2022...

But it's summer 2023 that we need to be at the bottom of the standings to try to land Connor Bedard.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Nilan is right on 690, time to show you are men and respect the organization.
no effort is embarrassing. Right on Nilan

he says many of the hab players are letting down the team, by lazy attitude

i don't agree with him... the effort has by and large been good most nights and i don't think we have many guys in this group that are mail-it-in types.

the issue starts at the top. poor management and leadership will erode morale in any environment. the team is playing without confidence and without the kind of deep engagement that comes with belief. The holes in the roster from day one, that have only been exacerbated by the in-season moves, are having a predictable effect. Ducharme, unfortunately, hasn't been able to fix it.

top-down house cleaning is the only solution...

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
A complete reset of this Organization needs to happen ASAP...stop hiring dinosaur coaches who can only rehash 80's & 90's hockey instead of understanding the speed & skill of today's NHL...hire a competent GM who understands today's game instead of just trying to band-aid a mediocre team with over-the-hill vets and outdated ideas...Molson needs to pull his head outta his arse and understand that he is the owner of the most prestigious franchise in the NHL...it's damn time they started acting like it...

Step 1 should be Molson stepping down as President and hiring a competent hockey guy to replace him who knows what he's doing. The new President should then do a full house cleansing of all the current Habs management, coaches and both the amateur and pro scouting staffs. Bouchard and his people in Laval are the only ones I'd want to keep around.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Going this deep in the o-zone on the forecheck kills human legs on any kind of basis that isn't the playoffs. Their gameplan is to go deep and force errors, of course that'll tire them out. No Kovalev zone entries here.

So yeah they're tired. It's not pretty out there.

Reactions: dinodebino

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
They better wake the f*** up tonight.

giphy.gif

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Sooo, it's gonna be us and them by the looks of it. If we win tonight, does it mean we might have a chance for round 2, or are we still looking at a similar result like in 2008-09?

Let the excuses begin!

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
Defence defence, if the Habs were a football team they would start a linebacker at quarterback. I expect another leaf win.

Reactions: morhilane

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Sooo, it's gonna be us and them by the looks of it. If we win tonight, does it mean we might have a chance for round 2, or are we still looking at a similar result like in 2008-09?

Let the excuses begin!

In the grand scheme of thing the top4 in the North is a collection of fatally flawed teams. Anyone can beat anyone, then whoever win the North will get rekt once out of the division.
:dunno:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Easy to say when he and his teammates could just wake themselves up with a little coke before games in the 80s
Perhaps but he answered the bell. His issues with drugs are not a joke. It killed John Kordic. Surprised you would say this actually

Reactions: Rapala

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I mean I personally wouldn't use this year as a barometer of anything tbh, I expect Molson will feel the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad