GDT: Game 53: Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs 5/6/21 7:00pm EST TSN2, RDS (HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
KoPxaJr.jpg

QCqOwfc.jpg

36ExYSC.jpg

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
if the Leafs were smart they would sit some of their key players because Kotkaniemi will probably fall on someone from his lack of skating skills.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
After the complete no show from the Habs last night I have no interest in wasting another 2 and a half hours watching the Habs again tonight. I'm pretty much expecting the Habs to get blown out tonight but as long as someone makes Brodie or some other Leaf pay for that garbage Brodie slash on Kotkaniemi from the last game I don't even care about the score.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
We get a point. We eliminate Calgary.

If we get a point & Canucks lose to Edmonton again tonight, we clinch.

That's the goal. Just get a f***ing point.
I want to just get it over with. Get a point for sure, we're mathematically in (if VAN loses) and then we can breath. Toronto or Edmonton, we have an uphill climb either way.

I honestly don't trust Vancouver to win any of their games against Calgary at the end of the year. I know that's being kind of irrational but if it came down to depending on them to win a game that we needed them to, I wouldn't be confident at all.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I want to just get it over with. Get a point for sure, we're mathematically in (if VAN loses) and then we can breath. Toronto or Edmonton, we have an uphill climb either way.

I honestly don't trust Vancouver to win any of their games against Calgary at the end of the year. I know that's being kind of irrational but if it came down to depending on them to win a game that we needed them to, I wouldn't be confident at all.

They have 4 games against eachother and unless there is a sweep there then we make the playoffs with 1 point in our last 5 games.

Reactions: angusyoung

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020
Looks like there's a chance Tatar returns to the lineup tonight. Have to imagine Frolik would leave for him:

Tatar-Danault-Anderson
Toffoli-Suzuki-Armia
Caufield-Kotkaniemi-Evans
Lehkonen-Staal-Perry
Would be great if he’s back, but I would hope they’d sit Staal

first two lines the same as yours then:
Lekhonen-KK-Caufield
Frolik-Evans-Perry

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
They have 4 games against eachother and unless there is a sweep there then we make the playoffs with 1 point in our last 5 games.
Yeah, I know. But we play Toronto twice and Edmonton twice, the two best teams in the division. And Calgary plays the Sens (who, are arguably good as well) and then Vancouver 4 times.

If Calgary beats Ottawa, I don't trust Vancouver to win even one of those last 4 games. They're just a bad team right now. If we falter down the stretch, and if last night is any indication, we're capable of doing that, then I'm gonna be worried.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah, I know. But we play Toronto twice and Edmonton twice, the two best teams in the division. And Calgary plays the Sens (who, are arguably good as well) and then Vancouver 4 times.

If Calgary beats Ottawa, I don't trust Vancouver to win even one of those last 4 games. They're just a bad team right now. If we falter down the stretch, and if last night is any indication, we're capable of doing that, then I'm gonna be worried.

You know we were on a 3 game winning streak before last night right? People do this a lot but that's extreme recency bias. We had 1 bad game after winning 3. We can most certainly get 1 point in 5 games.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
You know we were on a 3 game winning streak before last night right? People do this a lot but that's extreme recency bias. We had 1 bad game after winning 3. We can most certainly get 1 point in 5 games.
We were on a 3 game winning streak where we trailed in all of those games and won 2 in OT. We tied the Leafs with 50 seconds left in the game and eventually won, and the team we did beat in regulation was the Jets who were in the midst of their own 6 game losing streak.

We didn't exactly blow the doors off the competition and seize control of a game, and those weren't against the cream of the crop in the North either.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
tonight could be a blow out by the figs, their team has 2 very solid scoring lines.... may hurt us bad.
and the habs are so lack luster, we may be turning off the game by the 2nd period.

sure hope I am wrong, but I have been disappointed so many times, from the lack of effort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad