GDT: [Game #53] Dallas Stars vs. Carolina Hurricanes – 7:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #53 – 2/13/2024 – 7:00 PM CT – BSSW
American Airlines Center

Your Dallas Stars vs. the Carolina Hurricanes
32-14-6, 70 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 30-16-5, 65 pts

S2Q26Rq.png

YGeE4WY.png

uEDwjZ4.png

Forward lines '22-23 copy.png

GriAc84.png

Carolina Hurricanes

Svechnikov - Aho - Teravainen
Bunting - Drury - Necas
Martinook - Staal - Jarvis
Noesen - Kotkaniemi - Fast

Slavin - Burns
Skjei - Orlov
Chatfield - DeAngelo

Kochetkov

2fmwd0w.png

Last edited:

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Exciting game against an East contender who is hot at the moment.

Both teams with even rest, so a true no excuses game.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
That’s what we want. But it’ll be
Benn-Wyatt-Back lol
A few years ago, I would believe it even though you’re probably joking

Now, not so much. I will give credit to Nill these days and how well he’s adjusted to today’s style of hockey.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Welcome back to "Who Is That Player?" Today we look into the eye of the storm at that famous Hurricane, Stefan Noesen.

8476474.png

A native of the Dallas suburb Plano, the now 31 year old Noesen was originally a 1st round pick of Ottawa back in 2011.

First learning the game on the road with rollerblades and a ball, Noesen graduated to ice not soon after and fell in love with the sport. His family were also Stars season ticket holders. He would go on to play in the OHL for Plymouth where he was even a teammate of Tyler Seguin for a season.

After stints with the Ducks and Devils, Noesen's NHL run appeared to have hit a dead end. Looking to maintain a foothold in the league, Noesen signed a PTO with the Stars and appeared in a handful of preseason games, which may be as close as we ever get to a local kid playing for Dallas.

Unfortunately he didn't convert that performance into a contract here, however he did capture the attention of other GMs as he's since appeared for the Sharks, Pens, Leafs, and now Canes. He's found a home so much so in Carolina that he's on track to play consecutive full seasons in the NHL for the first time in his career!

Would you believe me if I told you Noesen has been Carolina's 3rd most impactful forward by total Gamescore this year? Ahead of Teravainen, Kotkanieni, Necas, Svechnikov, Drury.....

Said coach Rod Brind'Amour:
He’s been really good, really since he’s been here. You talk about an under-the-radar kind of player. Now he’s been given a lot more opportunity here lately and it’s certainly noticeable.
source

Well done Stefan, keep pursuing your dream and making DFW proud.

This has been, "Who Is That Player?"

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Welcome back to "Who Is That Player?" Today we look into the eye of the storm at that famous Hurricane, Stefan Noesen.

View attachment 818938

A native of the Dallas suburb Plano, the now 31 year old Noesen was originally a 1st round pick of Ottawa back in 2011.

First learning the game on the road with rollerblades and a ball, Noesen graduated to ice not soon after and fell in love with the sport. His family were also Stars season ticket holders. He would go on to play in the OHL for Plymouth where he was even a teammate of Tyler Seguin for a season.

After stints with the Ducks and Devils, Noesen's NHL run appeared to have hit a dead end. Looking to maintain a foothold in the league, Noesen signed a PTO with the Stars and appeared in a handful of preseason games, which may be as close as we ever get to a local kid playing for Dallas.

Unfortunately he didn't convert that performance into a contract here, however he did capture the attention of other GMs as he's since appeared for the Sharks, Pens, Leafs, and now Canes. He's found a home so much so in Carolina that he's on track to play consecutive full seasons in the NHL for the first time in his career!

Would you believe me if I told you Noesen has been Carolina's 3rd most impactful forward by total Gamescore this year? Ahead of Teravainen, Kotkanieni, Necas, Svechnikov, Drury.....

Said coach Rod Brind'Amour:

source

Well done Stefan, keep pursuing your dream and making DFW proud.

This has been, "Who Is That Player?"

One of my favorite memories from playing hockey was getting to play a scrimmage with him. It was him up against 9 15-year-olds at a time and he absolutely destroyed us when we asked him to go full speed :laugh:

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
A few years ago, I would believe it even though you’re probably joking

Now, not so much. I will give credit to Nill these days and how well he’s adjusted to today’s style of hockey.
Also, I think we've come to learn Nill's talk about wanting guys to be overripe is mostly his way of not wanting to completely write guys off who don't have much NHL potential.

Reactions: LT and MBTendy

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
finished moving into my new house yesterday, been an exhausting week. Will be nice to get to relax and watch the game tonight.

Been watching nothing but Seinfeld since I got here. Its my go to comfort show

Congrats!

I'm closing on my first house this Friday so I can relate to how stressed you are :laugh:

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
is hockenpopple the breakout OFD we never knew we had or needed but just activated? :sarcasm::naughty:

oh Nils wtf was that? a benching and a pp paddlin' if I've ever seen one
..and to think that I regularly stand up for you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad