GDT: Game 53: Avs vs Hawks | 7 PM MT | February 2, 2016 | Never Mind About the Party

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Roy is way too committed to this McLeod/Mitchell/Skille line, especially if he's planning on having them be the 3rd line. I understand the Soderberg line, because I think they're fine, even though Comeau can be frustrating, but I don't see the point in not at least moving some parts around in those bottom 6 lines.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Roy is way too committed to this McLeod/Mitchell/Skille line, especially if he's planning on having them be the 3rd line. I understand the Soderberg line, because I think they're fine, even though Comeau can be frustrating, but I don't see the point in not at least moving some parts around in those bottom 6 lines.

He is committed because the team is winning. When the Avs lose 2 or 3 in a row... and that line looks bad, it will change.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Hoping the weather will mean I can snag some super cheap tickets on Flash Seats.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
He is committed because the team is winning. When the Avs lose 2 or 3 in a row... and that line looks bad, it will change.
Well, it will bite us eventually if some things don't change. Wagner is the only player in the bottom 6 to score an ES goal in the last 10 games. Tanguay scored, but he was on the top line at the time, so not sure how much that counts.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Well, it will bite us eventually if some things don't change. Wagner is the only player in the bottom 6 to score an ES goal in the last 10 games. Tanguay scored, but he was on the top line at the time, so not sure how much that counts.

Grigs scored too, but I think Dutchy and Marty were with him so kind of a broken line. I agree though that he seems to rely on the McLeod-Mitchell-Skille line a lot. Maybe it is part of his strategy but it seemed like they were out almost every other shift for the first period and a half against the Kings. And I like Wagner but he needs to be better 5-on-5 defensively. I wish he was just a little better skater.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Eventually, but Roy will ride the horse for until it dies. I want to say that line got put together after the Calgary debacle. The Avs are 9-4-0 (?) since then.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Grigs scored too, but I think Dutchy and Marty were with him so kind of a broken line. I agree though that he seems to rely on the McLeod-Mitchell-Skille line a lot. Maybe it is part of his strategy but it seemed like they were out almost every other shift for the first period and a half against the Kings. And I like Wagner but he needs to be better 5-on-5 defensively. I wish he was just a little better skater.
Grigs scored against St. Louis about 12 games ago. I was just speaking in the last 10 games. Depth scoring has disappeared.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Mitchell has fallen off a cliff lately. When was the last time he scored? Hopefully the break did him good.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
How is Chicago so good every year? I didn't even know most of their bottom 6 was in the league.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Mitchell has fallen off a cliff lately. When was the last time he scored? Hopefully the break did him good.

Yeah I really think hes riding reputation right now, as much as a 4th liner can do so. It is interesting how this team seems to circle the toilet bowel when hes out of the lineup though.

I think that's given him way too much leeway around here.

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
Kane has that big of a lead on everyone else, just one of those years.
At first I thought it was an OP "goof" that we see every now and then in GDTs. I mean, there's no way that Patrick Kane has more assists than our leading scorer has points, right?

DUHockey

Dec 15, 2015
I liked the Skille- Wagner -Mcleod line better then Mitch in the middle. I thought they played a much more physical game when they weren't the 3rd line.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm

Seems to be something all coaches does. If they have a 4th line that works fine in a depth role they just can't not reward them with a bigger role. Usually a mistake and annoying. But everyone does it.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
well this line has caused some real grief for other teams... lots of energy and the skille factor .... I even had an announcer call him Dutchii by mistake from the way he blew by two defenders ..
Go Avs... I am wanting an almost shut out.. and Avs scoring big goals say we win 4 1 and some one gets a highlight reel goal

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
The former 4th line, now the 3rd line, is doing a good job considering they are now facing tougher assignments.

On the flip side, the other line is not doing anything, even with easier matchups.

Calling up Rantanen is the best option we have to find secondary scoring. Personally i would like to see:

Rantanen - MacKinnon - Duchene
Landeskog - Soderberg - Comeau
Tanguay - Mitchell - Iginla
McLeod - Grigorenko - Skille

Or switch Grigo and Mitchell.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
is this one they bring a verdict in today?
No idea on the civil stuff how that plays

Seems the drama will continue until tomorrow. I'm also not familiar with how long a typical jury deliberation lasts. The only jury I've ever served on deliberated for about 10 minutes, but that was a particularly stupid case.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Were just beginning with our storm up in Michigan here. Looks like they are calling for 8-11 inches of snow overnight to add to our 126 inches so far this winter. :yo: :help: Just glad hockey is back!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad