GDT: Game 52: Wild @ Sabres - 2/5 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
usatsi_10522672.jpg

Game Preview: 2/5/19 vs. Minnesota

LAST GAME
Friday, February 1
Chicago 7 at Buffalo 3
Goals: Eichel, Pominville, Okposo
Goalie: Hutton (18 saves/22 shots) / Ullmark (5 saves/7 shots); 1 ENG
PP: 1/3; PK: 2/2; Shots: Buffalo 43 – Chicago 30

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 177)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Casey Nelson (upper body, Dec. 8; injured reserve) – 22 games
Johan Larsson (upper body, Feb. 1) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
2/2: Placed F Remi Elie on waivers
2/3: Assigned F Remi Elie to Rochester (AHL)
2/4: Recalled F C.J. Smith from Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Thursday, Feb. 7: Carolina at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 9: Detroit at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 10: Winnipeg at Buffalo, 3 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 12: NY Islanders at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 15: NY Rangers at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
WILD at SABRES

• This is the second of two meetings between the Sabres and Wild this season.
  • Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Minnesota 3-2 in Minnesota on Nov. 17, 2018
  • The Sabres are 3-6-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Wild; 1-8-1 at home.
  • This is the 24th game all-time between Buffalo and Minnesota; Buffalo has a 10-12-1 series record.
  • The Sabres are 2-8-1 at home against the Wild all-time.
THIS DATE IN SABRES HISTORY
  • The Sabres are 6-7-3 all-time on February 5.
  • February 5, 1981: Don Edwards makes 31 saves in his 14th and final shutout as a member of the Sabres as Buffalo defeats Philadelphia 4-0.
  • February 5, 1983: Bob Sauve and Dan Bouchard make 22 saves each as the Sabres and Nordiques battle to the third of 11 scoreless ties in franchise history.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
  • Tonight’s matchup is the second game of a seven-game homestand that ties the stretch from Jan. 20 to Feb. 2, 1997 as the longest in franchise history.
  • With a win tonight, the Sabres will have swept a multi-game season series against the Wild for the first time in the history of the matchup.
  • Jason Pominville has recorded seven points (2+5) in his last six games against the Wild, including four points (1+3) in three matchups since he re-joined the Sabres last season.
  • Jeff Skinner has totaled five points (2+3) in five games against Minnesota since the beginning of the 2016-17 season.
  • Jack Eichel has five points (2+3) in five career games against the Wild.
  • Jake McCabe enters tonight’s game with points in three straight games against Minnesota (1+3).
  • Linus Ullmark has stopped 65 of 69 shots (.942) to earn a 2-0-0 record in two career games against the Wild.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I am at the Harbor Center Tims trying to not pass out from exhaustion if anyone wants to say hi.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Going to the game tonight with vcv. Hopefully we get to see an entertaining game and they can pull out a win. I only get to one or maybe two games a year and really don’t want to see them blown out.

Reactions: slip and oldgoalie

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
"Everything is subject to change. We have to light a fire."

Yes Phil. it's called "self-immolation."

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
This pattern is starting to emerge:

Sabres come out strong but are stymied by Dubynk (assuming he's in net). Minnesota gets the 1st goal on some kind of stupid defensive error made by a Buffalo Dman. Sabres lose heart.
Minnesota gets 2nd goal.
Sabres finally beat Dubynk.
Sabres put pressure on in the 3rd but to no avail.
Minnesota capitalizes off of Sabres aggressiveness and gets a 3rd goal and then, an empty netter.

Minn 4 - Sabres -1

Stats show that who gets the 1st goal is one of the most critical factors in a hockey game. Behind the Numbers: Scoring first and conditional probability

Please boys. Prove me wrong. I'm begging ya!!

Reactions: oldgoalie

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
This pattern is starting to emerge:

Sabres come out strong but are stymied by Dubynk (assuming he's in net). Minnesota gets the 1st goal on some kind of stupid defensive error made by a Buffalo Dman. Sabres lose heart.
Minnesota gets 2nd goal.
Sabres finally beat Dubynk.
Sabres put pressure on in the 3rd but to no avail.
Minnesota capitalizes off of Sabres aggressiveness and gets a 3rd goal and then, an empty netter.

Minn 4 - Sabres -1

Stats show that who gets the 1st goal is one of the most critical factors in a hockey game. Behind the Numbers: Scoring first and conditional probability

Please boys. Prove me wrong. I'm begging ya!!

The only part youre missing is when the other team gets a goal on the shift immediately following the Sabres goal.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I'll be at this one with the wife. A win would be nice. Even a 2-1 OT shootout in the 7th round of shooters win. Just pick up two points ya filthy animals.

Member 308457

Surprise Prediction: Patrik Berglund comes back and nets a hat trick against the Sabres in his debut with the Wild. Sabres win anyway 5-4.

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
Sabres score first, but MIN get's one before the end of the first period. They carry that momentum into the 2nd where Foligno burries 2 to give the wild a 3-1 lead heading into the third.
Hot takes galore. Austin Nostrills makes a thread on the main board about how the team is shit.
Housley puts back 53-9-23 for the third, where Skinner scores twice in the final 3 minutes. Eichel burries the winner in OT.

Reactions: Freeeeedom

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Big chance to gain ground on some teams with a win here. Naturally, we'll let Ullmark get shelled and lose something like 4-1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad