Post-Game Talk: Game 52: Preds @ Canucks | 9:00 PM CST | Fox Sports TN | "We made some moves" Edition

twig

Dec 8, 2013
In which way?

I read that he was slow on the skates,bad defensively, didn't make good decisions with the puck.

The only positive thing I read was that he was a good tape to tape passer.

Can't really tell from one game but, he looks good to me so far.

Phototropic

Feb 4, 2012
Chattanooga
Couldn't be more pleased with that win. After the first two periods I was a bit concerned about the effort, but that was a strong 3rd and Hutton continued his impressive play.

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
I read that he was slow on the skates,bad defensively, didn't make good decisions with the puck.

The only positive thing I read was that he was a good tape to tape passer.

Can't really tell from one game but, he looks good to me so far.

Yeah he looked fine tonight. Will obviously need more of a sample size but you could tell he doesn't hesitate to activate & make some plays.

Made good breakout passes & had that beauty that Legwand whiffed on.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Preds win. We came from behind and won in the 3rd. Great PK work by the boys without Klein. Hutton played really well and make some key saves. I thought MDZ played fine for his 1st game.

twig

Dec 8, 2013
I love it anytime they beat Vancouver, I really don't like that team.

twig

Dec 8, 2013
After all the crap I read about MDZ ... I'm not seeing any of it so far.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Well, here we go, game two of the stretch that will decide our season. We need probably nine points from these next five games if we want to really get back in the race. Vancouver has been held to two goals or fewer for six straight games - we need to continue that trend tonight.

Check.
Next?

never thought I would say this but I hope Hutton is in again tomorrow

nashpreds

Sep 13, 2008
Toronto
So, I know its a small sample size but it seems like everything Rangers fans said about Del Zotto is pretty off. He didn't look out of place at all tonight and looks like he could be a really good partner for Jones. He made some great passes out there and made a few good defensive plays as well, most memorably tying up Richardson in the first.

Hopefully its a sign of good things to come.

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
Missed the game with the exception of bits of the first period. How was the rebound control?

It was fine. He gave up one or two that he didn't get all of with his trapper & they kinda just floated in the middle of the slot but they got cleared out pretty quick.

Overall really good game. Bailed us out on the PK quite a few times.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
So, I know its a small sample size but it seems like everything Rangers fans said about Del Zotto is pretty off. He didn't look out of place at all tonight and looks like he could be a really good partner for Jones. He made some great passes out there and made a few good defensive plays as well, most memorably tying up Richardson in the first.

Hopefully its a sign of good things to come.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but I've watched at least 95% of the Rangers games since Del Zotto's first game versus 13 minutes of one game tonight. He might have just needed a change of scenery, but I doubt everything we have said was off. More like he elevated his play tonight. Best of luck to him going forward.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
We have a secret weapon, though. If we send him down to Milwaukee, we can sign him up for short-track speed skating lessons over at the Pettit National Ice Center. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00