GDT: Game 52: Penguins @ Coyotes - 6PM - FSAZ+

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Lost in this, Perlini's breakaway pass from Goligoski brought me out of my seat. a goal there and Smiths gaff doesn't matter.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Probably the most exciting game Ive ever seen.
Great road win.

I'm pretty sure that it was a home win. Did I miss something here because I was at the game.

Haha! Think you missed the point..... seems a common occurrence.

Yea, got it now. I have that sheepish look on my face right this moment and feel rather like the village idiot.

As an aside, the "Bandwagon Cam" is quite a hoot.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Holy hell that was a fun game.

What a perfect display of what Marty Hanzal can do. Shuts down Sid and gets a couple of goals.

Get rid of that damn trapezoid!

Exactly. That is why we have to keep Hanzal. :nod:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Sid was playing passive and likely will continue to play that way until the playoffs. Which is smart in my opinion.

However, OEL generally does really well against Pitt.

Sid is not playing passive, he just did not have the best of nights, but I believe he hit the post. Have to give Hanzal much credit on the way he played Sid.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Sid is not playing passive, he just did not have the best of nights, but I believe he hit the post. Have to give Hanzal much credit on the way he played Sid.

100% of the credit goes to Hanzal until deadline. Afterwards we sell it as all OEL. :).

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Tossing in Chychrun against Crosby could have been detrimental. Chychrun is going to need these one offs. The speed adjustment to the NHL from junior is huge. You go from being able to dangle all day to having less than a half second to get the puck and make the right play. With the Pens with a player like Crosby, he will eat a rookie D up. Want Chychrun to get posterized like Mara for the next decade when they run a highlight goal of Crosby scoring his 1000th point similar to the Ovechkin goal from the ice that Mara had to live with as his career went into a downward spiral? That's why you shelter him.

I agree, and KConn played a very solid game. These kids are progressing very nicely and sitting and learning is fine, same as going back to the A too fine tune your game.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I agree, and KConn played a very solid game. These kids are progressing very nicely and sitting and learning is fine, same as going back to the A too fine tune your game.

Kconn could have been looking good in practice lately, so maybe he deserved a chance and I thought he played well. Chychrun was just the odd man out. Sitting for a handfull of games might help him more than it hurts him.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
We also need to let Connaughton play. He may be an asset we are shopping. He certainly likely wants a chance to be a regular NHL player with a franchise. Most likely a selection for Vegas right now.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We also need to let Connaughton play. He may be an asset we are shopping. He certainly likely wants a chance to be a regular NHL player with a franchise. Most likely a selection for Vegas right now.

Very seldom does KConn embarrass himself. He could be a regular third pairing.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Chychrun is ripe for shooln'

Nothing but genius to sit him and get a huge confidence boosting win for the team.

We're like 4-1-1 against last years Stanley Cup finalists, this season.

It's commendable :handclap:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
:laugh:Your right. I have been a little hard on Murph. I'm one of those "some's".

You have been right about Murphy being third pairing, but I hope only so far:) Patience yes, but Murphy's contract might be a mistake. Signing him to a 3.8 mill 6 year deal is not something you give a third pairing D with second pairing upside. I think they were hoping he could be a 1RHD but worst case 2RHD when they signed him to that term and money.

Picking Strome(not Hanifin), not trading Strome for Hamilton, lead to the Murphy signing, which leads us to not having a 1C/1RHD. The plan wasn't for Schenn to step in and be our 1RHD, although he has been solid for now.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
You have been right about Murphy being third pairing, but I hope only so far:) Patience yes, but Murphy's contract might be a mistake. Signing him to a 3.8 mill 6 year deal is not something you give a third pairing D with second pairing upside. I think they were hoping he could be a 1RHD but worst case 2RHD when they signed him to that term and money.

Picking Strome(not Hanifin), not trading Strome for Hamilton, lead to the Murphy signing, which leads us to not having a 1C/1RHD. The plan wasn't for Schenn to step in and be our 1RHD, although he has been solid for now.

Which all points to DT was correct.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Alright, but we were at home. Dave had the ability to avoid that match up most of the game. That would argument would carry more water with me if it were an away game.
On the brightside, it sounds like it was an entertaining game? :dunno:

Curious if that was a showcase of KConn. We could get a late pick at the deadline. Defensive depth for somebody.

At the same time, if memory serves, Chych was terrible in our last game vs. Pit.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Curious if that was a showcase of KConn. We could get a late pick at the deadline. Defensive depth for somebody.

At the same time, if memory serves, Chych was terrible in our last game vs. Pit.

Chicago rumoured to be interested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad