GDT: [Game #52] Dallas Stars vs. Buffalo Sabres - 1:00 PM CT (BS-SW)

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
I'm really dreading the possibility that the Stars sneak into the 8th seed and give the Avs a chance to humiliate them as revenge for 2 years ago.

Normally, an 8th seed has a puncher's chance because the top team is expecting an easy matchup. Not in this case ...

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
I'm really dreading the possibility that the Stars sneak into the 8th seed and give the Avs a chance to humiliate them as revenge for 2 years ago.

Normally, an 8th seed has a puncher's chance because the top team is expecting an easy matchup. Not in this case ...
Avs won’t humiliate Dallas in a series. Dallas is a tough out for the Avs. Dallas usually has their number. Beat them twice and only lost once this year. Avs are soft. It’s like every other year for them. They are too soft to make a deep run. Teams will wear them out. I would rather Dallas get that other wild card spot and go out to the pacific. Dallas could do some damage out there.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Avs won’t humiliate Dallas in a series. Dallas is a tough out for the Avs. Dallas usually has their number. Beat them twice and only lost once this year. Avs are soft. It’s like every other year for them. They are too soft to make a deep run. Teams will wear them out. I would rather Dallas get that other wild card spot and go out to the pacific. Dallas could do some damage out there.
Ya , if they matchup in the first round I think the avs are probably shitting themselves tbh .

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Only way Dallas will be a tough out is if our goaltending falters. Which is possible given we have a young kid and a aging Vet. Otherwise the Stars have the depth and system to make a good run if they get in.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
That's like a modern razorism right there.

Its impressive its legitimate now though. I mean, they've been in contention basically the entire season within a few points of the playoffs, but this new legitimate contender for a playoff spot is a huge accomplishment.

I can't wait for them to become an actual playoff contender. I assume that's the next step.

:sarcasm:

I think most people already accepted they were likely to finish in the playoff mix once Oettinger started this run collecting points despite every other part of the team slumping.

Even they would admit the team in front of him has been doing very little. Hopefully his effort will get rewarded with some better play soon because at this point he's carrying them right now. 23 shots by Buffalo in the 3rd to Dallas' 5. He even looked a little off and still managed to keep them from allowing Buffalo back in.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Yes, the multiple qualifiers are hilarious. That said, the Central has been tightly wound and bunched for years, and the difference after the top team is pretty small, depending on how each team plays and some of the breaks they get, but mostly how they play. It seems like every year, a somewhat deserving playoff team just misses, or one that has more points loses out to a top 3 team in a weak division.

Some years the Stars are a bit better, some they are worse, but as is often lamented here, most years they are the middle of the pack, and right in the middle of that playoff position struggle until very near the end.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Yes, the multiple qualifiers are hilarious. That said, the Central has been tightly wound and bunched for years, and the difference after the top team is pretty small, depending on how each team plays and some of the breaks they get, but mostly how they play. It seems like every year, a somewhat deserving playoff team just misses, or one that has more points loses out to a top 3 team in a weak division.

Some years the Stars are a bit better, some they are worse, but as is often lamented here, most years they are the middle of the pack, and right in the middle of that playoff position struggle until very near the end.

I think this is the worst the western conference has looked in several years, maybe well over a decade or two. I can't recall a less impressive crop of teams. Some teams like the Flames have surprised, and to a lesser extent Minnesota, but outside of the Avalanche it's a really, really mediocre conference. I can't think of a year where there were bubble teams less deserving of making the playoffs.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Calling the Stars a contender for playoff spot is exactly what they are, bang average

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad