Connauton-Wisnewski

McElhinney
Forsberg

Inactive
Goloubef, Prout

Injured
Bobrovsky, Calvert, Gibbons, Horton, Jenner, Morin

Are we a better team a year later?

Stronger down the middle, but everything else is bleech!

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Great game gang! They are a REALLY good team and you just didn't get a couple bounces. LOVED the effort!! :) :) you're RIGHT there on the cusp guys!

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
In a shocking development we are sucking tonight. Equally shocking we're *****ing and complaining about it as if we seem shocked by it as if we haven't had 40+ games to prove that we are a bad team this season.

By shocking I really mean predictable. Do we think we can lay off the constant complaining every time we lose? It's a predictable result.

The Four Seven

You encountered Negative Man!
Feb 3, 2009
Central Ohio
Yes, instead of talking about the team, let's discuss our favorite flavors of taffy. I'll start:

I'm not actually a fan of taffy. Sticks to my teeth :(

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I'll continue to say it.. Wennberg MUST get better in the faceoff dot. 3 of 15 tonight. Karlsson was 3 of 13. Combined: 6 of 28.

Also Jackets with just one goal despite Edmonton recording 23 giveaways.

Another night, another loss.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
In a shocking development we are sucking tonight. Equally shocking we're *****ing and complaining about it as if we seem shocked by it as if we haven't had 40+ games to prove that we are a bad team this season.

By shocking I really mean predictable. Do we think we can lay off the constant complaining every time we lose? It's a predictable result.

Yeah, **** us for caring, right?

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I don't think anyone is saying we should not care. But the constant kvetching over another loss by a team that was in last place before the loss is perhaps kind of excessive.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
To turn to the positive, Toronto,Philly & NJ all won in addition to Edmonton.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
This is quite simple, ladies and gentleman. You want to tank, but you don't want to look like you are tanking.

How to accomplish this?

Just play Prout and Falk every game, and give the 4th line enough minutes to give up the desired amount of goals.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
hey, brightside...this showed up in my "On This Day" on facebook

February 3, 2010 at 4:21pm ·
HITCHCOCK FIRED!!!!

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
This is quite simple, ladies and gentleman. You want to tank, but you don't want to look like you are tanking.

How to accomplish this?

Just play Prout and Falk every game, and give the 4th line enough minutes to give up the desired amount of goals.

Seriously. People need to come to terms with what this FO is trying to actually accomplish this year.
Hint, its not winning games.

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015
My theory on Prout and Falk is that they're being played over Golo to give them a chance to make their case for getting another contract / allowing the FO to evaluate whether it's worth making them an offer.

This theory, however, means the FO hasn't already seen enough to make that decision, which in and of itself is reason to be concerned.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Seriously. People need to come to terms with what this FO is trying to actually accomplish this year.

And since the obvious tank job of the 83-84 Penguins to get Mario, the league has been doing things to discourage tanking.

Teams still tank, but must be sneaky about it.

Certainly the draft lottery makes being rewarded for tanking that much more difficult, but teams still increase their chances of landing the number one pick by doing so.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008

The moves that have been made in the last several months would seem to refute that. The only logical conclusion is that the front office fully expected this to be a playoff contender, then got caught when their pants down after stumbling out of the gate.

And I'd have no problem with undergoing a minor rebuild of sorts if not for two big factors:
1) Too much cash committed after this year. Boll and Campbell are signed past this year, and Clarkson's contract remains ghastly. This may well force the trade of Hartnell simply to clear cash, yet another side effect of the failure to insure Horton's contract (and acquire Clarkson by extension).

2) Too many young players need decisions made on their future. Chaput, Tynan, and Sedlak have not gotten any type of a real look in the NHL; all have expiring contracts after this season and they need assessed at the highest level. Paliotta is in the same boat, but he's a recent acquisition and will likely be qualified no matter what.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad