Post-Game Talk: GAME 52 - B's lose 4th in 5 games - Washington 2 BRUINS 1

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Interesting fact that I read in Steve Conroy's piece on the post game. Pasta leads the NHL in turnovers.
The top 10 on the list also had Barzal, Draisitl, Malkin, Marner, etc.
This backs up my point of Pasta being a turnover machine, some of the same names are on both giveaways and takeaways, not Pasta
Still not a complete player.
Giveaways.PNG

takeaways.PNG

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Interesting fact that I read in Steve Conroy's piece on the post game. Pasta leads the NHL in turnovers.
The top 10 on the list also had Barzal, Draisitl, Malkin, Marner, etc.
This backs up my point of Pasta being a turnover machine, some of the same names are on both giveaways and takeaways, not Pasta
Still not a complete player.
View attachment 649324

View attachment 649325

There is some significant separation between him and Marner and Panarin
per\60 on GA. I still say he can reduce his TO closer to Marner and Panarin.

Reactions: Mad-Marcus

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
I view takeaways as a sign of defensive intelligence, or overall hockey IQ. While Pasta is an ELITE player, his defensive acumen lags behind. For examples McDavid is a least high on both lists, while McKinnon isn't on either(I guess the puck is just always on McKinnon of Makar's stick;))
Something to be said about that as far as being paid the most.
Draisitl and Barzal are high on both lists, as is Marner

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I view takeaways as a sign of defensive intelligence, or overall hockey IQ. While Pasta is an ELITE player, his defensive acumen lags behind. For examples McDavid is a least high on both lists, while McKinnon isn't on either(I guess the puck is just always on McKinnon of Makar's stick;))
Something to be said about that as far as being paid the most.
Draisitl and Barzal are high on both lists, as is Marner

Agreed but I have a hard time believing Bergeron isn't in top 15 for forwards. He has to be top 5 for 50/50 loose puck battles on the boards. One of the greatest sticks I have ever seen for that.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Would be interesting experiment to put Taylor Hall at center for a few games once they
have PO position somewhat settled. I think he is better served with more open ice then
on the wing.

63-37-17 (sure as hell brings more than Smith)
74-46-88
11-71-18
Nosek-13-12

Has Hall ever played center? I'm not against mixing things up but would be pretty out there to throw a guy in the middle who has little to no experience playing that position. Even purely as an experiment that sort of thing doesn't happen too often at this level. You never know though.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Has Hall ever played center? I'm not against mixing things up but would be pretty out there to throw a guy in the middle who has little to no experience playing that position. Even purely as an experiment that sort of thing doesn't happen too often at this level. You never know though.
Hall played center pretty much up until he went to the Spitfires. They moved him to LW because of the depth they had at center. He indeed has played center some in the NHL, both with Edmonton and a little in NJ.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Hall played center pretty much up until he went to the Spitfires. They moved him to LW because of the depth they had at center. He indeed has played center some in the NHL, both with Edmonton and a little in NJ.

Thanks, there you go. Well, perhaps it's a possibility then. Still feels like a reach, but sometimes some lateral thinking is good.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

Edmonton played him at center for several games when he was 19 but put him back at wing.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Bruins 0 powerplay goals since Jan 24th (0-17 last 5 gms) is killing them.Joe Sacco has to be taking some blame here .Slow puck movement continues to be an issue as well as nothing to the inside nobody wants to fight to get pucks back out there.They had better fix it or it will be a short run.
There were times they were literally standing still on the pp.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Interesting that the Bruins, Leafs and Bolts are all 6-3-1 in their last 10. No one gaining ground.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Look - the bottom line was no damage was done today EXCEPT Washington now will feel they can win at TD Garden if we meet.
Agree no damage was done, Fenway, and they can think whatever they like. They got smoked at home today 4-1 by a very sub -.500 record Sharks team, who were 16-26-11 going in to the game. Icing on the cake - Ovechkin: 0 goals, 0 assists, 1 shot on goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad