GDT: Game 52 | Bruins vs Islanders, 2/7 7PM, NESN, NHLN-US, FX-CA, 98.5

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Kelly not getting enough love for getting in front of that Johnny Rocket. Padding or not that has got to hurt like a mother ****er and he got right back up like it was nothing.

Tuukka went right to Kelly as soon as the game ended too.

I would have been ****ing pissed if the Islanders scored to tied it after the refs not calling that slash on Strome.. That's AUTOMATIC. You see ridiculous slashing calls when players simply let go of their stick on a stick check.. this was as automatic as a freakin' delay of game penalty

It really pisses me off. But great win regardless

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Yessir!!!!!! 2 points!!!! And the NHL and its clown refs can go **** themselves. So many uncalled penalties tonight as the Bs continue to get the fewest PPs in the league by far in the face of other teams doing **** to the Bs uncalled constantly.

It's because the Bruins are slow that the refs couldn't see the slash that broke Pasta's stick or the slewfoot by Tavares in Marchand or the fifteen billion stick holds.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Good win. Physical game. Fights and hits are entertaining. So is the game in between whistles. Sucks we don't see this style of hockey that often anymore.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
Kelly not getting enough love for getting in front of that Johnny Rocket. Padding or not that has got to hurt like a mother ****er and he got right back up like it was nothing.

I would have been ****ing pissed if the Islanders scored to tied it after the refs not calling that slash on Strome.. That's AUTOMATIC. You see ridiculous slashing calls when players simply let go of their stick on a stick check.. this was as automatic as a freakin' delay of game penalty

I saw it as it happened. That was a huge and courageous play on his part. Awesome. Soon as the whistle sounded Rask went straight to him and gave him a hug so did Chara. I saw it.

Mynameismark*

Dale sack of. CRap Weise 2 in 3rd.Its 6 -2 scabs.Subban 3 pp assists.Only time u notice him

Please man..you notice him all game. He completely dominated the Devils 5 guys on one shift setting up another goal. He's damn good.

TCDaniels

Legen... Wait for it
Feb 12, 2003
Maine
It's because the Bruins are slow that the refs couldn't see the slash that broke Pasta's stick or the slewfoot by Tavares in Marchand or the fifteen billion stick holds.

Well the slash just reinforces the notion that they don't get calls because they're slow. Pasta was barely friggin' moving there.

If he'd move his feet faster in that situation he may have drawn one there

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm happy we won but at the same time I can't be happy.
We got 2 goals against chad who is about .840 and 3.4 against.

Smith was bad, hamilton again making those D mistakes, paille please nononoo to 2nd line.

Rask, pasta, louie and kelly were the stars.
+ nice to see last years miller hit, haven't seen those this year.

Huge win though but we have to start scoring again.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Tuukka on Kelly's block:

"You know I think he's just always so tired that he can't move that much so he's always in the shooting lane" -smiles-

lol poor Kelly. It's not just Marchand who makes fun of him being slow. must be a running joke in the locker room or something haha

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Kelly definately took one for he team there.
Good to see Tuukka give him props in after the game interview,

chicoutimicucumber

Aug 4, 2009
Hope the Islanders player (was it De Haan?) is okay after taking a skate to the face--that was scary to watch.

So sick of the throw the puck blindly around the boards to the point move our D is so fond of. So so sick of it.

The non-call on the slash near the end of the game was bush league. :shakehead

Please never break up Kelly and the Swedes again. Of course this limits our abilities to plug the holes on our other lines, but what can you do. Unless they call someone up or make a trade soon, we'll have to keep watching some form of Paille/Smith/Campbell in the top six. :help:

I'm willing to cut Smith some on the lack of goal scoring, as long as he keeps up with good positional play on screens and d and avoids obvious bonehead plays, but he was bloody awful tonight (as was Paille--I mean what even?). Pasta is much more deserving of the first line slot as of right now, and should have started the game there. Love the coolness under pressure, the ability to keep making plays, and the sheer compete of this kid--made me grin to hear the NHLN commentator compare his game to an 18-yr old Bergeron.

Despite his limitations on the defensive side of the game, Torey Krug is a gamer.

Good games from Kelly, Bergy, Loui and of course Tuukks.

Last thought: how much does Jack wish he can say the phrase "Johnny Rocket" again? It hurts...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad