Post-Game Talk: Game 52: Bruins dismantle Rangers 6-1

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Remember when half of the GDT posts were complaints about the lines?

Another great win!

We are in the first place in the league in points scored by the rookies.

Reactions: C77

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The view from New Yawk

Rangers, Lundqvist crushed by Bruins, 6-1, as fire sale nears

The Rangers may have finally hit rock bottom.

The Blueshirts were blown out by the Bruins on their home ice Wednesday night, 6-1, and Rangers captain Ryan McDonagh did not mince words afterward.

“That was one of the worst games of my career and one of the worst games I’ve ever been a part (of) in my Rangers career,” he said. “That pretty much sums it up.”

The 6-1 rout was just more salt in the wound for the struggling Rangers (25-24-5) as they dropped their fourth straight game and have now lost 10 of their last 13.

It was every bit as bad as McDonagh described as Henrik Lundqvist was pulled mid-way through the second period after he allowed four goals on just 17 shots.

“It was disappointing, frustrating and embarrassing,” Lundqvist said.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/07/henrik-lundqvist-pulled-again-as-rangers-get-bashed-by-bruins/

The Rangers had won seven straight in this series between Original Six foes before Wednesday. The Bruins (33-11-8), who were playing the second night of a back-to-back but hardly looked the part, captured their first win over the Blueshirts since Nov. 27, 2015.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Holy ****, that score could easily have been 8 or 9 to 1. The one they did give up was on a Chara giveaway, and he responded with the GWG later in the first period. We certainly did the Rangers a favor: the uncertainty is pretty much over for them, they can start taking bids on Nash, McDonagh, etc.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
never seen or recall a run by any B`s team like the one were currently having the pleasure to witness in my time as a fan. Unreal, this was a team I insisted would be similar to last year`s group, scratching/clawing for a spot between 6-8th place or potentially being just on the outside looking in. How fun this is

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
2.jpg

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Rampaging Bruins do a number on Rangers - The Boston Globe

NEW YORK — The Bruins ran the Rangers out of Madison Square Garden on Wednesday with a 6-1 win.
Patrice Bergeron led the offense with two goals while welcoming Brad Marchand back to his left side. Tim Schaller, dropped back to the fourth line, chased Henrik Lundqvist with a top-shelf sparkler in the second period. The free-falling Rangers dropped their fourth straight game.
Amid the carnage the Bruins inflicted on Broadway, they were still at risk of falling behind by a 2-1 score in the second period.
Anton Khudobin made sure that didn’t happen.

Reactions: Ladyfan

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
“That was one of the worst games of my career and one of the worst games‬ I've ever been a part of in my Rangers career. That sums it up." - New York Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh after their 6-1 embarrassment at the hands of the Boston Bruins.

Well, I give him credit for honesty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad