GDT: Game 52: Avs in LA | 8:30 PM MT | January 27, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stories

Science!
Sep 10, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Oh boy went to take a look at the Kings GDT.

Can't understand why one of the posts has been allowed to stay over there.
Some very interesting Varlamov comments.
Not going to write anything in there not to cause further problems, but man.

Anyway, hoping for a much better game tonight. Went to sleep after 15 minutes last night after the writing was on the wall.
Don't wanna do that again.

Aside from a few posts about calling Varly a horrible person, it didn't seem so bad to me?

Regardless, let's hope that Pickard is actually feeling well today. If he's moving like he was yesterday, I actually think we might be better off with Will in goal.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Aside from a few posts about calling Varly a horrible person, it didn't seem so bad to me?
As I said one of the posts. Just one.
Not too bad I guess, but I've seen posts getting removed that are much lighter than that.

Maybe I'm just overreacting. I dunno. It's late here already :laugh:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I don't know what Grigorenko needs to do to get in. He's often not a liability out there and he scored in his last game. Then he's scratched last night (he wasn't feeling well but Frei said he was a healthy scratch) and now he may or may not play tonight. I'm sure someone will point to one shift he had where he wasn't fully engaged or some nonsense like that but it's ridiculous.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
After reading that GDT I really want to beat the Kings in the first round of the playoffs. With Varly shutting them down in 4 games.

I mean I get why teams like LA or Chicago look down on us and they certainly are correct when they state that we are not as good as them but a few of those comments are really a bit arrogant when you consider where LA was only 5-7 years ago.

Oh well.

I really hope Grigo plays.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It's not even that Grigorenko is some great player whose being held down/out. For the most part he's nothing special out there. However, he still does more than a few of the regulars and is rarely a liability. His offensive ability could be useful for a team that desperately needs help in that area right now.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
That's Sugarcult?
Had just heard one of their songs earlier, but thought of them as a punk-pop band.
Of course could be just a slower song.
What you Say is the song I've heard from them earlier.

Oh, I see these two songs are on the same album :laugh:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
With Nashville getting their **** somewhat together of late and everything we'll have going for us; this is now our 52nd 'must win' game of the season if we're to have any hope of claiming a playoff spot. Given the cowardly leadership our core players have proven for all of time over the past two weeks...where they just sat by and let us sputter to barely two goals a game...and Roy's historic ineptitude as a coach; this a guaranteed season-ending loss. This team lacks the character and intangibles to pull off important wins and it's about time that our play finally starts reflecting our advanced stats.

And really it's for the best. The team needs to realize that just because they're playing well enough to make the playoffs, doesn't mean they deserve-/are-good-enough -to make the playoffs. It would be much smarter for them to give up the false hope that this core needs to get more playoff experience; cause if this team keeps sabotaging the tank, they'll have no shot at getting Chychrun to finally give this organization it's first top pairing dman since Blake?...unless they win the lottery and further prove their predetermined incompetence by stupidly passing on one of the Finns.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Anyway, hoping for a much better game tonight. Went to sleep after 15 minutes last night after the writing was on the wall.

Let 'em be. Considering all of the off ice issues Kings players had, I'd say they're just desperate to drag other teams / players down to the bottom with them. And regarding the arrogance about how awful we are...they're bandwagoners, you expect them to remember the days when the Kings sucked?

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Since my normal avatar is Alec Martinez, I'll switch it to Andy Miele for today.

Go Avs! I really do think tonight's performance will be a lot better. Hoping we get it to OT, and then we'll flip the coin for the extra point.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I just got back from Vacation. Have people soured on Martinsen?

I think it would be impossible for me to get anymore sour on him than I was a couple months ago. He is a scrub... don't mind him on the 4th line, but that is because you don't have to play the 4th line much. The only NHL skill he has is his hitting ability.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
So I had the memories of last game removed. All I know is we had a game and lost.

Going all in for an Avs bounceback win.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Yeah, he's not the fun hitting machine anymore

I usually don't mind late game time but boy is it really dragging tonight.

I think it would be impossible for me to get anymore sour on him than I was a couple months ago. He is a scrub... don't mind him on the 4th line, but that is because you don't have to play the 4th line much. The only NHL skill he has is his hitting ability.

That's unfortunate, but I guess with Mcleod already in the lineup he's essentially playing a role not needed.

It was nice to come home and see the team had been doing well.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
With Nashville getting their **** somewhat together of late and everything we'll have going for us; this is now our 52nd 'must win' game of the season if we're to have any hope of claiming a playoff spot. Given the cowardly leadership our core players have proven for all of time over the past two weeks...where they just sat by and let us sputter to barely two goals a game...and Roy's historic ineptitude as a coach; this a guaranteed season-ending loss. This team lacks the character and intangibles to pull off important wins and it's about time that our play finally starts reflecting our advanced stats.

And really it's for the best. The team needs to realize that just because they're playing well enough to make the playoffs, doesn't mean they deserve-/are-good-enough -to make the playoffs. It would be much smarter for them to give up the false hope that this core needs to get more playoff experience; cause if this team keeps sabotaging the tank, they'll have no shot at getting Chychrun to finally give this organization it's first top pairing dman since Blake?...unless they win the lottery and further prove their predetermined incompetence by stupidly passing on one of the Finns.

I'm curious what this is a response to because I know this isn't a serious post so someone, somewhere actually wrote something like this in a serious tone.

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary

Pretty ironic coming from fans of a team that employed Voynov who was actually proven guilty. And based on the civil suit the last couple of days it doesn't sound like Varlamov is guilty.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Pretty ironic coming from fans of a team that employed Voynov who was actually proven guilty. And based on the civil suit the last couple of days it doesn't sound like Varlamov is guilty.

My intention wasn't to bring this up at all.
Didn't even think of LA's past in this.

Should never have brought it up here.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
wew boy, I didn't really give a damn about this game until I started reading that Kings GDT. Really hoping to have an explosion of goals tonight. I want to bathe in Kings tears.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
My intention wasn't to bring this up at all.
Didn't even think of LA's past in this.

Should never have brought it up here.

Hold on I got something for this...

tumblr_np3kdkwihO1svxayuo1_500.gif

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I think Avs lose tonight too. Just the worst places they could play back to back before the all star break, SJ and LA, specially SJ, seems like they win once in a great while in SJ, one of the rare wins coming this season.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'd suggest:
kObKHnp.jpg

I'm curious what this is a response to because I know this isn't a serious post so someone, somewhere actually wrote something like this in a serious tone.

Just trying to do my part to make sure people around here don't get too deluded with optimism. Some posters in other teams' GDTs over the past few weeks have helped me realize that we're actually the worst team in hockey and an embarrassment to the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad