Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
It's like they never left.

"We couldn't win in the end."

It's like 20 minutes away from Hollywood so...
First to recognize all the film stars without checking is a dork.
KhXgg33.jpg
SNqe6y8.jpg

oBJZSkX.jpg
Sj2Z4Yl.jpg

EPmwIMn.jpg
mTV79Vm.jpg

zjUWxuN.jpg
ihzZMT8.jpg

Lineups unconfirmed.​

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
This will be a tough game, but a huge win if they get it. Then everyone gets to rest up a little bit. Hopefully the guys who were sick are at least a little on the upswing for tonight.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It's weird, it seems like Varly really respects Quick and wants to play against him, but rarely gets to. Something always keeps him out.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
It's weird, it seems like Varly really respects Quick and wants to play against him, but rarely gets to. Something always keeps him out.

It was said on the morning show this morning that Varly wanted to fly to LA today to meet the team and play tonight but Roy told him to stay home and take it easy and focus on Chicago next week.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I just realized what Kento's avatar is :laugh: That's excellent.

Yesterday was bad. Really bad. We started a step behind with all the sickness and outside distractions and it showed. Hopefully the team can put it behind them and at least get a point tonight. Lets please not go into the break on the backend of two bad losses.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I won't be watching this one, so we're probably going to win. They seem to always kick ass when I can't catch the match.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah but now he's just Buzz Killer

Just make it a drinking game... every time Iggy flubs a puck or kills a chance take a drink.

On second thought, don't do that. I know you Newfies can hold your booze, but that might just kill you.: :help:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Just make it a drinking game... every time Iggy flubs a puck or kills a chance take a drink.

On second thought, don't do that. I know you Newfies can hold your booze, but that might just kill you.: :help:

Yeah that's borderline death sentence. Probably even worse than a Tangside drinking game.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
As I said in the pre-game talk thread, getting this game to OT would be considered an accomplishment, gotta pick up points any way you can.

Great GDT.

Hey Kings, let us have Toffoli for just tonight. Please.

Little known fact for today....Avs could have drafted Toffoli, instead they traded down with the Los Angeles Kings who selected Tyler, while Avs chose Calvin Pickard. Not a bad trade in the slightest with the emergence of Pickard, but a "what if scenario", probably could use Toffoli for this team than Pickard IMO.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
As I said in the pre-game talk thread, getting this game to OT would be considered an accomplishment, gotta pick up points any way you can.

Little known fact for today....Avs could have drafted Toffoli, instead they traded down with the Los Angeles Kings who selected Tyler, while Avs chose Calvin Pickard. Not a bad trade in the slightest with the emergence of Pickard, but a "what if scenario", probably could use Toffoli for this team than Pickard IMO.

Toffoli is one of those guys I've always wished were an Av. I used to annoy everyone around here saying we should OS him. He's right there with Little, Morrissey, Boedker and Rychel (who both ironically have seemed to become available).

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Remember complaining about the top guys not scoring?

Blake Comeau has five assists and no goals in 13 games ... Tyson Barrie has two assists and no goals in six games ... Matt Duchene has two assists and no goals in six games ... Gabriel Landeskog has one goal and two assists in nine games.

Rick's piece on HB - www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Rick-Sadowski/Avs-look-to-rebound-vs-Kings/188/74342

That has to change on top of getting solid goal tending, or this playoff fight is going to circle the drain.

Btw, Tanguay played 12:17 in that game against SJ. Which is the lowest hes played since Dec. 5th at 12:40. (Second game back from injury)

The next one after that is 13:19 Nov. 6th (Game he was injured in I think)

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Toffoli is one of those guys I've always wished were an Av. I used to annoy everyone around here saying we should OS him. He's right there with Little, Morrissey, Boedker and Rychel (who both ironically have seemed to become available).

It's a shame GMTM gets hot for many of the same players as me, cause Fasching is one of those guys for me. I've long pined to have him in the Avs system; and Tim Murray might be one of the few folks, other than raging Sabres-homers, who loves that dude more than I do. Dano, Panarin, and Pastrnak were some of my favorite forwards who are just establishing themselves in the NHL (or on the cusp of doing so); but Fasching is the guy we're missing and what we hope Greer becomes for us. He and Girgs are going to be such sexy supporting pieces for Eichel/ROR/Samson and I'm still somewhat disappointed we couldn't get him in the ROR trade...even if Grigorenko has won me over this season and I was a fan of Compher's going into it.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hopefully this is the last game without Rantanen. Also, hopefully the last game with Martinsen in the lineup.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'll be so happy when we no longer have to ice the likes of Martinsen, Wagner, Iginla's corpse, and the remains of Alex Tanguay, up front. That's 4 spots that could be occupied by players who are genuinely useful. It'll be a wonderful day when our depth gets there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad