GDT: Game #52 - 1.25.14 - vs Pittsburgh - 7:00 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
game52.png

YOUR DALLAS STARS VS THE PITTSBURGH PENGUINS
23-20-8, 54 PTS ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ 36-13-2, 74 PTS

THE GOLIGOSKI EDITION

goligoski.jpg

GAME: Regular Season Game 52, Overall Game 59, National Hockey League Game 781
DATE Saturday, January 25th, 2014
TIME: 7:00 PM Central Time
TELEVISION: DALLAS: Fox Sports Southwest | PITTSBURGH: ROOT Sports | NATIONAL: Nonehttp://nhl.com
RADIO: DALLAS: 1310 AM/96.7 FM The Ticket | PITTSBURGH: 105.9 FM The X | NATIONAL: XM 215/Sirius Internet 928
OFFICIALS: Referees - | Linesmen -

There once was a Beast named James Neal..

beast14.jpg

..who was too good for a Joe Nieuwendyk managed team, so he hit the phones secretly to find the absolute worst deal possible..

nieuwendyk.jpg

..in steps the most underrated player in the history of sports who made his way into the heart of our star GM..

goligoski2.jpg

..he handled the spotlight extremely well..

goligoski3.jpg

..the autograph lines swelled to an all time high with all 10s of Stars fans flocking to see their new budding star that would save them..

goligoski4.jpg

..the ladies just couldn't resist the man that is Alex Goligoski..

goligoski5.jpg

..his teammates were just overwhelmed with how much unbelievably hockey knowledge he had to thrust upon them..

goligoski6.jpg

..Goligoski's impact was felt immediately..

goligoski7.jpg

goligoski8.png

..night after night after night, our savior was closing in on his secret ultimate goal..

goligoski9.jpg

..to completely destroy the Stars..

goligoski10.jpg

..and today, he completes his journey…for he has won..

goligoski11.jpg

..so thank you Goligoski. Mike Heika salutes you..

goligoski12.jpg

goligoski13.jpg
goligoski14.jpg

NISKANEN STILL SUCKS

pylons.png
pylons.png
pylons.png
pylons.png
pylons.png

Primetimey*

@StarsInsideEdge 2m

I'm told tonight's game against the Penguins is a sellout.

8,000 Pens fans tonight. Dammmm

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I think I enjoyed this more than the Boston thread. :laugh:

Usually the hope would be that one or more of Pittsburgh's stars are out... looks like we're getting the full complement?

Last edited:

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
@StarsInsideEdge 2m

I'm told tonight's game against the Penguins is a sellout.

8,000 Pens fans tonight. Dammmm
It's OK, we've got the piped-in Let's Go Stars chant to drown everything out at every whistle.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
It's OK, we've got the piped-in Let's Go Stars chant to drown everything out at every whistle.

The guy who thought that a piped-in Let's Go Stars chant was a good idea and not a big **** you to the fans should be thrown in a ditch somewhere in Pittsburgh (together with our beloved Goligoski).

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
All this reminds me of is how terrible that all gold stars logo was on the helmets.
I still have trouble believing that was an actual choice someone made and not just some kind of production error that no one caught in time or bothered to fix.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Usually the hope would be that one or more of Pittsburgh's stars are out... looks like we're getting the full complement?

Of the stars? Yes. Our depth is still non-existent, but hey, we're getting Andrew Ebbett back tonight and Chuck '2 points in 28 games' Kobasew is on the first line!

The Penguins are running with the full compliment of the top seven (Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Kunitz, Letang, Fleury, Martin) for I think only the 3rd or 4th time all year, though...and one of those games it took Neal two shifts to get hurt.

The Penguins have been bi-polar of late. No defense whatsoever and the offense coming and going at random.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
I think the Stars have to take their chances with the speed and attacking game tonight. You have to accept that Pittsburgh is going to get some great scoring chances and probably score 3 or 4 goals, but trying to shut down Crosby and Malkin with our "defense" is just going to lead to a ugly loss.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I think the Stars have to take their chances with the speed and attacking game tonight. You have to accept that Pittsburgh is going to get some great scoring chances and probably score 3 or 4 goals, but trying to shut down Crosby and Malkin with our "defense" is just going to lead to a ugly loss.

Ruff pretty much said the same thing this morning. They're going to get their opportunities ... do your best to limit them ... but we're going to need the goalie in this ... and we have to capitalize on ours.

Usually that's a pretty decent plan ... but they're playing with fire with Kari. It's the same **** every year. His poor games are just going to start coming sooner and sooner the more they play him every night. It's happened every damn year. Obviously he has to be the guy tonight, but they've got to either replace Ellis or show some faith in him to play 1 ever week or two. I still that back to back on Monday/Tuesday was pretty idiotic. Nashville was obviously a pretty ideal time to rest a guy rather than play him 3 in 4. nights

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Ruff pretty much said the same thing this morning. They're going to get their opportunities ... do your best to limit them ... but we're going to need the goalie in this ... and we have to capitalize on ours.

Usually that's a pretty decent plan ... but they're playing with fire with Kari. It's the same **** every year. His poor games are just going to start coming sooner and sooner the more they play him every night. It's happened every damn year. Obviously he has to be the guy tonight, but they've got to either replace Ellis or show some faith in him to play 1 ever week or two. I still that back to back on Monday/Tuesday was pretty idiotic. Nashville was obviously a pretty ideal time to rest a guy rather than play him 3 in 4. nights

I really believe that they think he's not going to play in the Olympics and so that's when he'll get his rest time and be refueled.

ATL Star

Mar 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I for one am super pumped to turn this two game win-streak into a 15 out of 20 game tear that vaults us into the 7th spot.... only to not capture a point in our final four games and miss the playoffs. Again. :help:

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
I'm making popcorn tonight for the show that will be put on against our defense. Going to be so much crisp passing, one-timers, and goals. Should be great seeing Goligoski get laughed out of the game.

Don't forgot to board the team plane back to Pitt, Goli****ty.

Anybody listen to the podcast with him this past week?

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I'm making popcorn tonight for the show that will be put on against our defense. Going to be so much crisp passing, one-timers, and goals. Should be great seeing Goligoski get laughed out of the game.

Don't forgot to board the team plane back to Pitt, Goli****ty.

Anybody listen to the podcast with him this past week?

I did.

He apparently likes being out there for 25 minutes a night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad