GDT: Game 51: Wings & Jackets, 7 PM EST

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Elvis is the best!!!
Foudy--Texier--Atkinson was excelent but blind. Put them on 4:4 and OT... .

Last edited:
Reactions: tchigo

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I’m willing to call it.

Elvis is the guy. It’s not because of winning this garbage game or whatever. He has a natural draw to him personally as well as being a good teammate (it appears) and player.the team seems to be rallying behind his passion. He cares for the team and I think he is showing to be a leader. He’s the goalie.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
1206130824.jpg.jpg

Sorry, not sorry

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I still have questions about both goalies, but if/when we trade one Elvis will be the one I keep. While he’s more mercurial, he shows me more moments of greatness.

Reactions: tchigo

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Tell me how Grigorenko can have so huge xGoals% and Expect Goals 5:5% if he doesn`t show anything. More precisely I didn`t any transition to OZ, no dagnerous pass nothing.

Reactions: tchigo and Cowumbus

JohnWillow

May 27, 2015
I think this was Elvis's best game so far in his NHL career.

Up top with his first win against Florida last year in my opinion, which ended in a 1:0 shootout win also if I remember correctly.

Happy, I stayed up at night.

Also one thing, Elvis is not coming to World Championship, so he will not have any games after the season and likely all offseason will stay in Columbus to train.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Since it's coming up again, I'll put what I said a few weeks ago (and will probably post it one final time in the offseason and/or "Korpi vs. Elvis" thread that's sure to come up in a couple weeks). I think in particular you saw an example tonight with the solo jump hug, among other things:

I think Elvis is slightly better (based on both conventional and advanced stats) although, weirdly, I think Korpi "looks" better in net (from the sense that he seems more composed and looks like he tracks pucks better). But the stats for two seasons now (again both conventional and advanced) say Elvis is better, and I think Elvis on his A game > Korpi on his A game.

With that said, you can't really "go wrong" with either. The trade should probably be determined on a number of factors such as return, finances, etc etc. I think both goalies are are reasonably close to equal, though. BUT with that said...

Not everyone here might agree with me on this, but the reason I watch sports is to be entertained, and for that reason I'd rather keep Elvis (and here's the catch/where people might disagree...) even if he was slightly worse (and again, I don't think he is, as I think he's slightly better than Korpi). I'm not saying I'd rather Elvis if Korpi was noticeably/significantly better (which I don't think anyone besides bus would argue) but even if Korpi is slightly better, I'd still rather Elvis because he's more fun, and I watch sports for enjoyment/entertainment. Would I want a slightly worse doctor if I liked him more? No. Would I like a slightly worse senator if he was more personable? No. Would I want a slightly worse athlete on my favorite team if he's more fun/entertaining? Sure! That's what I feel like here.

Reactions: VeseleTlacovky

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Since it's coming up again, I'll put what I said a few weeks ago (and will probably post it one final time in the offseason and/or "Korpi vs. Elvis" thread that's sure to come up in a couple weeks). I think in particular you saw an example tonight with the solo jump hug, among other things:

I think Elvis is slightly better (based on both conventional and advanced stats) although, weirdly, I think Korpi "looks" better in net (from the sense that he seems more composed and looks like he tracks pucks better). But the stats for two seasons now (again both conventional and advanced) say Elvis is better, and I think Elvis on his A game > Korpi on his A game.

With that said, you can't really "go wrong" with either. The trade should probably be determined on a number of factors such as return, finances, etc etc. I think both goalies are are reasonably close to equal, though. BUT with that said...

Not everyone here might agree with me on this, but the reason I watch sports is to be entertained, and for that reason I'd rather keep Elvis (and here's the catch/where people might disagree...) even if he was slightly worse (and again, I don't think he is, as I think he's slightly better than Korpi). I'm not saying I'd rather Elvis if Korpi was noticeably/significantly better (which I don't think anyone besides bus would argue) but even if Korpi is slightly better, I'd still rather Elvis because he's more fun, and I watch sports for enjoyment/entertainment. Would I want a slightly worse doctor if I liked him more? No. Would I like a slightly worse senator if he was more personable? No. Would I want a slightly worse athlete on my favorite team if he's more fun/entertaining? Sure! That's what I feel like here.

I think he's more than a little better than Korpi, no need to invoke the "entertaining" tie-breaker.

JohnWillow

May 27, 2015
Is Portzline dumb?

He asked what he thinks about Korpisalo and his injury as he is gone for the rest of the season.

Geez what the hell was that question.

JohnWillow

May 27, 2015
The question was even worse as I'm listening the second time it... "Were you thinking about Korpisalo tonight?"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad