GDT: Game 51: Wings & Jackets, 7 PM EST

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Good game by Texier yesterday btw.
He carried the puck well, made nice plays, minimize his mistakes, was also really great defensively.
He should have finished with 1 or 2 assists

To me it was typically the kind of performance that we can expect - consistantly in the future - from him .
I mean, I don't see him as a top 1/2C with lots of production. But a solid 2-way forward that can be useful everywhere on the ice, on every situation. (5v5, PP, PK)
A player that every team wants in a way (regular season + PO) - not shiny you know - but super versatile.
Clearly not a scoring leader, but a good "playmaker" who can delivers numerous assists if he plays an entire season with quality partners (Matteau / Gerbe it's fun, but meh)
Not quite. He plays good with partners as Atkinson and Foudy who will run with them but he isn`t ideal in position play. On the second hand Roslovic is better with Laine and a player who can think not only run.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I agree jarmo and tortz are tight. Tortz is letting jarmo run the roster now for evaluation process . Definitely not an lock
And yet Jarmo was quoted in an article about Peeke and Foudy not getting game time saying he wasn't telling Torts who to play so I don't know who to believe.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
What he said?
Sorry, I can’t find the article. But Elvis was very complimentary of Nick. He’d gotten to know him better and appreciated both the support and watching how Nick combined hockey with family.....wish I could find the comments as I rarely capture them appropriately.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I can't believe that you want to evaluate our goalies on Elvis seams good against a very bad team.

With the way both out goalies and out defense has worked, it is very difficult to evaluate any of the goalies and evaluate any of the players.
You will have to focus on what has changed before this season, the team worked fine last season.

However none of our Goalies has shined this season, so I will not call them superstars.
Not yet at least.

It's not a new evaluation that I came up with last night. Elvis has been better in back to back years. I think he has been quite good this year. No one is a superstar yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad