GDT: Game 51: Wings & Jackets, 7 PM EST

JohnWillow

May 27, 2015
What the heck Laine is doing on PP? :D Why is he standing so low? Is that some instruction given to him?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Ran it back to watch. Have to call a spade a spade, Laine completely quit on that PP. The formation was an umbrella designed to get him a one timer, or at least be active in the cycle. He didn’t do anything. He stood still at the goal line with his stick to the side.

I highly doubt the PP formation calls for him to stand still with his stick to his hip.

Inexcusable. Indefensible. PLD like. Embarrassing

Reactions: VeseleTlacovky

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't usually watch AHL but I must say this is entertaining.

In all seriousness Roslovic is an awesome talent. And a good period for the Jackets/monsters.

I'm also curious why Laine is so low on the PP. I know you want to give the PKers some unexpected looks but that seems too low. Hard to feed him there.

Reactions: GoJackets1

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
That, and why was Laine playing so low? Has that been a thing recently? That spot he was in seemed more or less completely useless.

What the heck Laine is doing on PP? :D Why is he standing so low? Is that some instruction given to him?

Agreed, what the hell was he doing there?!?! He was basically on the goal line - at one point you could see Seth with the puck on the point, and he was looking for Laine to his left - and wasn't even moving his feet, he was literally standing there.
Hope the next coach lights a fire under his ass.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Ran it back to watch. Have to call a spade a spade, Laine completely quit on that PP. The formation was an umbrella designed to get him a one timer, or at least be active in the cycle. He didn’t do anything. He stood still at the goal line with his stick to the side.

I highly doubt the PP formation calls for him to stand still with his stick to his hip.

I'm just throwing out a guess that they asked him to move to different spots more and he's taking it way too literally. Perhaps in protest. Perhaps just confused.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Yeah it’s tough to draw any conclusion other than Laine has just totally quit on the season. That spot makes no sense. I know that, so a pro hockey player knows that.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'm just throwing out a guess that they asked him to move to different spots more and he's taking it way too literally. Perhaps in protest. Perhaps just confused.

That’s the thing. He’s not moving. He’s not participating. He’s not even pretending to be involved. He’s just standing like he’s waiting for the ref to get in the circle for a faceoff, not even like he’s waiting for the face off to drop. It’s embarrassing.

Reactions: GoJackets1

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

I could expect he won`t play around the board, simply in fight but he did it so why on PP...I don`t understand what`s happen. It`s PPG Good Jesus.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV

It's all Torts' fault.

*end sarcasm*

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
That’s the thing. He’s not moving. He’s not participating. He’s not even pretending to be involved. He’s just standing like he’s waiting for the ref to get in the circle for a faceoff, not even like he’s waiting for the face off to drop. It’s embarrassing.

You watch Ovechkin much?

My problem is that he's in the wrong spot on the ice. His body language has always been a lost cause.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00