GDT: Game 51: Toronto Maple Leafs vs Montreal Canadiens 5/3/21 7:00pm EST TSN2, RDS (HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
no price
no drouin
no gallagher
no weber
no tatar
no byron

No need, cause ...

eHyfh2x.png

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I still have some lol inherited them

A friend of mine had them as a kid and then lost them when he moved out of his parents' home.

About three years ago, his mom passed and she was still staying in the same house he had grown up in.

He proceeded to clean up everything in it so he and his siblings could sell it. In particular, he made a thorough clean up of his childhood bedroom, where he found a barely perceptiple slit in the wall. He ripped it open and there were all his cards from the early 70s, in pristine condition.

He had done such a good job of hiding them as a kid that he had completely forgotten that he had done that.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I really am hopeful that DD and the coaches will reduce Big Shea's TOI..............everyone could benefit. If we can continue to win without him, it's should be easy to see, but who knows with this gang.

I hope they do too, but I think they’ll go straight back to the Chiarot-Weber pairing, unfortunately.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I really am hopeful that DD and the coaches will reduce Big Shea's TOI..............everyone could benefit. If we can continue to win without him, it's should be easy to see, but who knows with this gang.

Weber should sit and rest. We don't need him playing at 80% or 90%. We need a 100% Weber cause his value is not loosing puck battles and being a force in our own end with that shot on the PP. If he is loosing puck battles along the walls, he is a liability in our own end. Strong statement but accurate

Staal should be rested as well (once we clinch). He's been playing better lately and I feel there are several players that are exhausted.

Petry is an absolute beast! One of the best D in the NHL and even though he is getting noticed, he's even better than what some give him credit for. If we get a chance, he should get some rest as well.

Reactions: Rapala and BLONG7

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That's .500 team for you.

You have to consider where we would be if Price and Weber (our leaders) were performing to their cap hits cause pretty much all our youth, trades, and UFA signings are more than pulling their weight.

If Price and Weber are performing better, we are well north of a .500 team. Sick and tired of people deflating our team like that. Who would have though that Price and Weber would be our problems this year? And Drouin get most of the heat? Disgusting! I question some peoples focus and knowledge sometimes and feel a large % of our fan base is following a flawed herd of sheep. Not directing this at you.. more of a general statement.

This team is better than .500 if Price and Weber were actually our leaders this year. Think about it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Prairie Habs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I hope they do too, but I think they’ll go straight back to the Chiarot-Weber pairing, unfortunately.

Nothing wrong with the Chiarot/Weber pairing when they are both healthy and performing to their cap hits. Chiarot is underrated and I feel people are overlooking him cause he don't put up offense.

Who's the weakest link on the Chiarot/Weber pairing? This year, it's probably Weber

RandR

May 15, 2011
I did too! lol
Crushed as an adult to find out my mother threw them out at some point!!
Yeah same thing happened to me. I had hockey (and baseball) cards going back to at least Bobby Orr's rookie year (the ones with the wood panel frame around the pictures). What I regretted getting thrown out even more from my hockey shoe box were these little glossy-paged flip books from one year in the mid to late 60s that were in Post cereals (such as Honeycomb and AlphaBits) that were maybe about 3 inches long and an inch and a half high. Each of these tiny books were a series of 30 or so pages that you flipped through to get an animation of a player making a play. There was one for each Hab (red side) and Leaf (blue side). Most of them showed a player scoring a goal, but the ones I think I remember the best were of JC Tremblay crossing centre ice and flipping the puck and having it bounce in front of the goalie and into the net, Tim Horton taking a guy out into the boards with a hip check as he crossed the blue line, and Johnny Bower making a save on a poke check (signature plays for all those guys). I thought those little books were so cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad