GDT: Game 51|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers|Welcome back! Hope we knock the RUST off quick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I just hope the boys are not as flat as the last time we played. That was... eewww.

Not sure what was freakier . . . Horny showering their goalie, getting shoved around after the whistle, and skating away, or Geno getting hit by three guys, the last one pretty late, and skating away.

EDIT: Or you lactating right now.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
On 1 hand.. Riiko didn't really do the most to keep a spot and never look back. But that being said and hell bent they were at one point on R/L pairings... Riiko over Ruh is what i would do.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Have we requested for this thread to be made live?
ThirstyBrightDarwinsfox-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Tom Hanks

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Im guessing they only want 1 guy who can skate the puck out on each pairing. For what reason? I havent a clue.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
On 1 hand.. Riiko didn't really do the most to keep a spot and never look back. But that being said and hell bent they were at one point on R/L pairings... Riiko over Ruh is what i would do.

I think Sully wants Ruh in there for his PKing...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah, you're 100% right and that's why it kills me a bit that the only guy (Rust) is being pushed to his off-wing, where he has definitely looked not as comfortable in the past - maybe that's changed, but I don't know why we'd test it with how well he and Geno have played together.

Since we know that Tanev line is never being broken up, I would almost rather throw Angello to the fire and stick him with Sid and Simon than what they're running tonight. I could be wrong, I don't get to follow WBS much, but I think Angello can skate and be tenacious, so I feel like that style in and of itself is Sid-preferred, even if he might be over his head.

But to your point about matchup specific, I think this all but highlights immensely to JR that a move or two need to be made to upgrade the top 6 with Jake out.

Two.

A top 6 wing and then a wing who can play up and down the lineup and cycle in with McCann, Horny, Simon, and Kahun as an matchup specific option for Sid or Geno in the top 6.

Reactions: TheNorthPenguin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad