GDT: Game 51|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers|Welcome back! Hope we knock the RUST off quick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Man, I know why he doesn't like it and I understand what he's done for the team over the years and yada yada, but Sid just needs to suck it up and play with Horny for a handful of games. He should know JR is trying/will make a deal and Kahun is hopefully not out long but with all the injuries, just suck it up for a few games Sid. Should be Mccann - Geno - Rust, Simon - Sid - Horny...so simple.

Honestly, the problem is that the only player who's a go to guy in the top 6 is Rust.

McCann can work in certain situations, probably more with Geno than with Sid. Horny can work in certain situations, probably more with Sid than Geno. And, Simon sometimes is passable with Sid. But, it's not a game in and game out thing, and in great respect, it's probably matchup specific (e.g., Horny is more passable in the top 6 when another team is playing Sid or Geno heavy or smothering them and a hand grenade on skates might help).

Reactions: TheNorthPenguin

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Don't you apologize to us. You have done a great job all year :)

giphy.gif

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Honestly, the problem is that the only player who's a go to guy in the top 6 is Rust.

McCann can work in certain situations, probably more with Geno than with Sid. Horny can work in certain situations, probably more with Sid than Geno. And, Simon sometimes is passable with Sid. But, it's not a game in and game out thing, and in great respect, it's probably matchup specific (e.g., Horny is more passable in the top 6 when another team is playing Sid or Geno heavy or smothering them and a hand grenade on skates might help).

I don’t think Sully agrees with you. He was just on the pregame show touting the amazing wonders of McCann-Sid-Simon as a first line...I’m thinking: what the **** is he watching?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I don’t think Sully agrees with you. He was just on the pregame show touting the amazing wonders of McCann-Sid-Simon as a first line...I’m thinking: what the **** is he watching?

Well, what the **** is he going to say? :laugh:

"I'm screwed"

"I'm doing the best I can to make sure Sid and Geno don't lose their minds"

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
How are you scratching Riikola? Just trade him at this point... he has value and will play for another team.

TheNorthPenguin

Oct 25, 2019

Yeah, you're 100% right and that's why it kills me a bit that the only guy (Rust) is being pushed to his off-wing, where he has definitely looked not as comfortable in the past - maybe that's changed, but I don't know why we'd test it with how well he and Geno have played together.

Since we know that Tanev line is never being broken up, I would almost rather throw Angello to the fire and stick him with Sid and Simon than what they're running tonight. I could be wrong, I don't get to follow WBS much, but I think Angello can skate and be tenacious, so I feel like that style in and of itself is Sid-preferred, even if he might be over his head.

But to your point about matchup specific, I think this all but highlights immensely to JR that a move or two need to be made to upgrade the top 6 with Jake out.

Reactions: KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad