GDT: Game 51: Kings vs Coyotes - 8:00pm - TNT - Back On Schedule Edition

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Poor Hayton having to center Roussel and Erikson, I'm sure his offensive numbers will improve on that line...
I don't think it's about points for Hayton this year. His skating has improved, and they say he has good hockey IQ. Hopefully, it's only confidence and not ability holding him back. Maybe playing him with two vets he can find his confidence or whatever he's lacking.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I don't think it's about points for Hayton this year. His skating has improved, and they say he has good hockey IQ. Hopefully, it's only confidence and not ability holding him back. Maybe playing him with two vets he can find his confidence or whatever he's lacking.

Agree, his skating (quickness) has taken major strides, hopefully another good offseason training will get him even further and maybe we can start to see the skill come out more. To me, he's just a bit late on everything...the question for me is that going to get fixed with a little more quickness or advancement in his maturation or will he always be a little late.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Agree, his skating (quickness) has taken major strides, hopefully another good offseason training will get him even further and maybe we can start to see the skill come out more. To me, he's just a bit late on everything...the question for me is that going to get fixed with a little more quickness or advancement in his maturation or will he always be a little late.
He hasn't played much with his injuries and all. Kind of like Patrick. Will they find their Mojo?

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
How many more years of hopelessness ?
A fan dying on the vine wants to know.
Maybe my expectations are too low but I enjoyed the game last night. There have been plenty worth watching lately.

Replace Kessel and Roussel next season with Guenther and Maccelli and the entertainment value should be headed in the right direction.

Last edited:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Maybe my expectations are too low but I enjoyed the game last night. There have been plenty worth watching lately.
One of the greatest advantages that the Coyotes have is that teams regularly take them lightly, like most nights. Its treated almost as an off night by many players. I think because of this the team is actually worse that it looks.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
One of the greatest advantages that the Coyotes have is that teams regularly take them lightly, like most nights. Its treated almost as an off night by many players. I think because of this the team is actually worse that it looks.
Once we hit the 60 - 65 game mark teams start to rev it up for the playoffs. I think then is when we will see how bad we really are.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Yup, just because he was over-drafted doesn't make him a bad player. He's made considerable strides the past 12 months (new coaching staff, hmmm) if he makes a similar step improvement, he'll be a full-time player in Tempe next season and while his ceiling may only be as a 3C, hopefully higher, he will still hold value in to this organization.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad