GDT: Game #51 Jan. 21st Knights go into the Bruins Den of Iniquity

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I don't think the team cares one bit about justifying high prices when capacity in the building is over 100% every night. The business & the hockey sides of the front office are completely separate, but on the same page if that makes sense.

Thomas & Mack for UNLV basketball games used to be the hardest tickets to get in the city. Now you can buy nosebleed and sit anywhere you want.

they're milking the cow right now, but even they have to know it dries up if the team starts failing. Especially if it starts failing after canning a beloved coach.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I don't think the team cares one bit about justifying high prices when capacity in the building is over 100% every night. The business & the hockey sides of the front office are completely separate, but on the same page if that makes sense.

I think one reason it is over 100% is the team still benefits from making the 2018 Finals. When it becomes more and more obvious fans are paying to see a mediocre product I’m not sure attendance will remain high. Some people are still using stats to argue we are much better than our record and trying to argue how unlucky we are.

We haven’t seen what the capacity in the building is after a year of missing the playoffs, especially with next years ticket prices.

The team has also benefitted greatly from playing in a weak division. I went to a game recently when the team was still in 1st place thinking I was going to watch a 1st place team.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I think one reason it is over 100% is the team still benefits from making the 2018 Finals. When it becomes more and more obvious fans are paying to see a mediocre product I’m not sure attendance will remain high. Some people are still using stats to argue we are much better than our record and trying to argue how unlucky we are.

We haven’t seen what the capacity in the building is after a year of missing the playoffs, especially with next years ticket prices.

The team has also benefitted greatly from playing in a weak division. I went to a game recently when the team was still in 1st place thinking I was going to watch a 1st place team.

You apparently don't go on the Golden Knights reddit. This team could miss the playoffs the next few seasons before ticket prices are dropped. Even then, if they made the playoffs and looked like a good, young team then the increases would resume.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
You apparently don't go on the Golden Knights reddit. This team could miss the playoffs the next few seasons before ticket prices are dropped. Even then, if they made the playoffs and looked like a good, young team then the increases would resume.

No I don’t go there. Not sure what you mean. Do they all think we’re going to the Finals on reddit? I think fans can turn on a team pretty quickly though.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
No I don’t go there. Not sure what you mean. Do they all think we’re going to the Finals on reddit? I think fans can turn on a team pretty quickly though.

They are insanely positive and I think they represent the bigger part of the fanbase. This team could control the messaging enough for two seasons of bad hockey to convince people to still buy tickets. It's a good thing, it means the market is strong, hopefully enough long term.

Reactions: Vegas07

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
They are insanely positive and I think they represent the bigger part of the fanbase. This team could control the messaging enough for two seasons of bad hockey to convince people to still buy tickets. It's a good thing, it means the market is strong, hopefully enough long term.

Don't forget the Faders are on their way in.....

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Don't forget the Faders are on their way in.....

I think they are the perfect team to not have a big effect on the Knights. Plenty of fans across all of California, and some from other parts, would be willing to plan 8 trips a year to Vegas to have season tickets. Plus visiting fans, I don't think locals are needed nearly as much to support the team as other NFL cities.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
I go back and forth on whether or not I think a mediocre product on the ice and ridiculously rising ticket prices will affect attendance at the Fortress.

Only been to eight VGK games over the past 2 1/2 seasons, but I get the same impression every time: that for many folks, attending VGK games is as much (or more) a social event rather than a sporting event. It's a place to get all your shiny gold on and mingle. A place to "see and be seen" more than anything else. And the fact that there's a hockey game happening on the ice is pretty incidental.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see where attendance goes over the next few seasons.

Anyway, my three cents. :DD

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad