GDT: Game #51: Coyotes @ Flyers - 5:00pm - Scripps

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
the coyotes, well, uhhhh.
hmm.
they’re not very good.

he had a real bad game on the defensive side. he did score, but without looking I’ll say he was a minus tonight.
Dumba was a -1.

Crouse was a -3 and that's 3 consecutive games he has been a minus.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I can't figure out how Bear was able to get so much out of these guys early in, but now they look like monkeys copulating with a football.
Remember when...
  • Carcone was a goal scorer
  • The power play was clicking and didn't give up short handed chances all the time
  • Crouse and Maccelli were connecting on everything
  • Ingram was a Vezina candidate

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I dunno...I think they are playing hard but hard to be good with 2 defensemen. They had a decent push at the end...didn't quit.
Agreed, the poor backend makes the front end suffer.

Was a plus 1 and had a shot, but they're gonna have to give him more than 9ish minutes a game to get more out of him.
Looked good at the dot and loved his size.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Didn’t even notice it LOL. I thought their sweaters looked great, was surprised I liked the oversized numerals on the shoulder.
Stood out to me. Significant blight on otherwise nice jerseys but it's today's NHL where they whore themselves out for any and all advertising. If you ever watch clips of old games with clean boards and ice, it's like a gentle walk through a meadow. Now it's advertising bombardment where they put crap all over the place and even the jerseys are no longer sacrosanct. Every year they boil the frog and add a little bit more. Ultimately, they will be on par with NASCAR and that hideous European league (Finland?)

I think AT , at some point, may grab Todd Walsh’s glasses right off his nose , throw em down, stomp em and tell Todd to quit bugging him.
Would pay to see that.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
We actually faired better than I was expecting last night.

This is why I wanted Torts, while I think he has a short shelf life, he sure can get the most out of his players, but let’s face it, Philly is further along then us. Having said that, I’m still happy with Bear.

UK Yote

Jun 28, 2018
How many penalties did we take? Its like this team has decided that half are being traded and the rest don't want to be in Arizona anymore.
The last few games have been dreadful to watch.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Stood out to me. Significant blight on otherwise nice jerseys but it's today's NHL where they whore themselves out for any and all advertising. If you ever watch clips of old games with clean boards and ice, it's like a gentle walk through a meadow. Now it's advertising bombardment where they put crap all over the place and even the jerseys are no longer sacrosanct. Every year they boil the frog and add a little bit more. Ultimately, they will be on par with NASCAR and that hideous European league (Finland?)
haha, I don’t need old clips, I have a memory!

Will be a sad day, if we ever get to the Euro look.

Reactions: DustyDangler

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The continued inability to play a consistent 60 minutes and the complete disregard for discipline makes this team absolutely infuriating to watch. I’m just so tired. Out of context of the improving rebuild, and in the context of the situation off ice, it’s just not been a fun season at all.
Let's focus on the other teams we are playing. The Flyers are a pretty good team this year and have a pretty good coach behind the bench. We just lack talent. It's going to be a real rough February as far as the schedule goes. Better buckle up, it doesn't get any easier.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Penalties:
  1. Travis Dermott Holding against Owen Tippett - Dumba gets beat on the boards and pyloned, Dermott has to take a penalty against speedy Tippett.
  2. Michael Kesselring Penalty Shot - Hooking on breakaway against Morgan Frost - Atkinson and Frost split Kesselring and Valimaki (speed kills)
  3. Sean Durzi Tripping against Morgan Frost - Stick in the feet.
  4. Jason Zucker Interference against Sean Walker - Definitely wasn't interference, puck was right next to 'em
  5. Jack McBain Tripping against Morgan Frost - Stick in the feet
  6. Nick Bjugstad Tripping against Travis Sanheim - Stick in the feet
  7. Sean Durzi Delaying Game - Puck over glass - C'mon man.
  8. Matt Dumba High-sticking against Scott Laughton - Comedy of Dumba errors
Speed kills. Frost drew 3 and Coyotes could not keep up with him and Tippett.

It's okay to take penalties against the 31st best PP team in the league and PK was 7/8 but...16 mins is nearly a whole period in the box. Keller TOI was 16:01 (his average is 19:21) as a result.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Let's focus on the other teams we are playing. The Flyers are a pretty good team this year and have a pretty good coach behind the bench. We just lack talent. It's going to be a real rough February as far as the schedule goes. Better buckle up, it doesn't get any easier.
how long did the flyer “rebuild” take?
I hope ba is taking notes

Penalties:
  1. Travis Dermott Holding against Owen Tippett - Dumba gets beat on the boards and pyloned, Dermott has to take a penalty against speedy Tippett.
  2. Michael Kesselring Penalty Shot - Hooking on breakaway against Morgan Frost - Atkinson and Frost split Kesselring and Valimaki (speed kills)
  3. Sean Durzi Tripping against Morgan Frost - Stick in the feet.
  4. Jason Zucker Interference against Sean Walker - Definitely wasn't interference, puck was right next to 'em
  5. Jack McBain Tripping against Morgan Frost - Stick in the feet
  6. Nick Bjugstad Tripping against Travis Sanheim - Stick in the feet
  7. Sean Durzi Delaying Game - Puck over glass - C'mon man.
  8. Matt Dumba High-sticking against Scott Laughton - Comedy of Dumba errors
Speed kills. Frost drew 3 and Coyotes could not keep up with him and Tippett.

It's okay to take penalties against the 31st best PP team in the league and PK was 7/8 but...16 mins is nearly a whole period in the box. Keller TOI was 16:01 (his average is 19:21) as a result.
#8 was a double minor

Reactions: DustyDangler

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
From the little I've heard Dumba talk to teammates and press, he seems like a pretty good guy. That is definitely a plus. If they could get him to play more of a strict stay at home game, maybe he has a place with the Yotes? Something to minimize his lack of quick feet in the open ice.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
13 GA the last three games isn't better.
Over that time period (small sample by the way):
Dumba LV +1 NSH 0 PHIL -1
Hayton LV 0 NSH 0 PHIL -1

Before you knock Hayton.....
Cooley LV 0 NSH 0 PHIL -2
Guenther LV 0 NSH +1 PHIL -1

Yeah, it's +/-, but I loved it as a player, keeping myself accountable. I will say that there was a goal vs Nashville ( IIRC ) that I could put on Hayton.

The worst during this time frame were:
Crouse PHIL -3
Durzi LV -2
Moser LV -2

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Over that time period (small sample by the way):
Dumba LV +1 NSH 0 PHIL -1
Hayton LV 0 NSH 0 PHIL -1

Before you knock Hayton.....
Cooley LV 0 NSH 0 PHIL -2
Guenther LV 0 NSH +1 PHIL -1

Yeah, it's +/-, but I loved it as a player, keeping myself accountable. I will say that there was a goal vs Nashville ( IIRC ) that I could put on Hayton.

The worst during this time frame were:
Crouse PHIL -3
Durzi LV -2
Moser LV -2
Cooley merits more negative love for randomly dropping his stick, leading to one of the goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad