Post-Game Talk: GAME 51 - BRUINS 4 Vancouver 0

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I'm not the best evaluator of talent, but when I think of last years end of season team they were just a few steps above this team, so not sure how this team can win it if last years team folded so quickly.
Every year is different, so hopefully this is their year.

Yes, the current team isn't as good.

But this team could win by being healthier & luckier.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I don’t know what this is about, but I need to go to bed now. I need to take a lot of meds now and I get confused late in the day. Thank you.

ABC - 3:40 PM

3:30 p.m.ABC, ESPN+Washington Capitals at Boston Bruins

The Capitals (22-18-7) and team assists leader John Carlson face the Eastern Conference-leading Bruins (31-9-9) and captain Brad Marchand at TD Garden.
Play-by-Play: Sean McDonough

Analyst: Ray Ferraro
Reporter: Emily Kaplan
In Studio: John Buccigross, Mark Messier, P.K. Subban, Arda Öcal
Thank You Kevin!

Reactions: bruins19

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Get some autographs !!
That's one of 3-4 teams that he plays on. Townsend was at some of the practices with several ex-NHL's who run clinics at Ristuccia.
Now the team practices in Somerville. One of the families who is prominent at
Ristuccia is a prominent family (can't remember the name now) whose father was in the Red Wings farm system. They run the program with Grahame Townsend. Great great people.
Grahame doesn't show up at all of the practices which I've heard parents complain about since he was the magnet that made their kids "try out" for his teams, "The Rockets." I may have some videos of practices that I recorded my grandsons skating drills, Townsend may be in some of them, I'll have to go back over the past 2 seasons though.
I have a grand-daughter who plays on a couple of different teams too so I have a bunch of segments of her practices and games also. She doesn't play on any of GT's teams though.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
:wally::wally::wally:

When I was a kid I looked forward to Saturday nights as we could hear Hockey Night In Canada on the RADIO from CBL-740 Toronto and CBM-940 Montreal. What I didn't know at the time was many Canadians from Newfoundland to Ontario were listening to Fred Cusick on the old WHDH-AM 850.

As late as 1978 people got the latest scores from newspapers - yes the Globe printed this

View attachment 816885

My son is 32 - I tried to explain to him that before cell phone we had landlines and Caller-ID didn't show up until 1990. He could not grasp that we answered the phone not knowing who was calling.

@DKH -

I used to hang out in my uncles store (you know the store Kevin) in Cambridge late on Saturday nights waiting for the Sunday papers to be put together and prepared for Sunday morning. I would feel like I was in a time warp where I could see tomorrows news today, ahead of all of my friends.
When I got older, and my family sold their store, I would hunt the Sunday Globe down at the "Out of Town News Agency" at the kiosk in Harvard Sq.
I would park right there behind the kiosk, back then, in the '70s, '80s you could do that harassed by the police etc, plus several of my high school classmates had become Cambridge police by then so I was stylin'!
I couldn't wait to read KPD's Sunday hockey news and rumors, I was hungry for any news, rumors etc.

Last edited:

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I'm not the best evaluator of talent, but when I think of last years end of season team they were just a few steps above this team, so not sure how this team can win it if last years team folded so quickly.
Every year is different, so hopefully this is their year.
Luck and health play a big role. Love Bergy and Krejci but they were both old and banged up. Ullmark seemed to be injured as well. And Mac hurt his shoulder in game 4 or 5. On the other side Florida was not your typical 8 seed.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
That's one of 3-4 teams that he plays on. Townsend was at some of the practices with several ex-NHL's who run clinics at Ristuccia.
Now the team practices in Somerville. One of the families who is prominent at
Ristuccia is a prominent family (can't remember the name now) whose father was in the Red Wings farm system. They run the program with Grahame Townsend. Great great people.
Grahame doesn't show up at all of the practices which I've heard parents complain about since he was the magnet that made their kids "try out" for his teams, "The Rockets." I may have some videos of practices that I recorded my grandsons skating drills, Townsend may be in some of them, I'll have to go back over the past 2 seasons though.
I have a grand-daughter who plays on a couple of different teams too so I have a bunch of segments of her practices and games also. She doesn't play on any of GT's teams though.
Freaking awesome. Great your involved with the grand kids. Good on you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad