GDT: Game 51: Blackhawks @ Sabres - 2/1 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Well that's brilliant. Ullmark holds the Stars to one but sure, let's keep with the rotation rather than letting the younger guy gain any momentum.
WTF. I would have given Ullmark tonight and next game and let Hutton have Carolina and Detroit. Hutton still seems shaky as hell, and I don't want Kane, showing off in his home town, anywhere near Hutton in net.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
And after all the talk about earning your spot. cool huh?
Well, Ullmark was given 3 games in a row/4 of 5 or 6 during a stretch of time to see if he can grab the job, like, 2 games ago, and allowed 14 goals in 11 periods in response.

I'd rather see Linus tonight too, but we should slow our rolls here - everything Phil does is not the new worst and most obvious thing not to do in existence

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Pilut on his off side with Scandella what could go wrong

Ullmark should have gotten the start
Phil always puts hos players in a position to succeed. Pilut with slightly damaged confidence and a rough game before being scratched along with the kamikaze passer and twig wiggler Scandella - how could that possibly fail?

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Phil always puts hos players in a position to succeed. Pilut with slightly damaged confidence and a rough game before being scratched along with the kamikaze passer and twig wiggler Scandella - how could that possibly fail?
For the first time in years we have an above average top 4 on defense and our coach refuses to use the lineup. It's hilarious.

Reactions: HaNotsri

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I'm happy Pilut is back in the lineup, but just hate that he'll be saddled with Scandella. He makes Risto so much better than he really is, which McCabe does not. McCabe is not a good Top 4 guy at this juncture.
Risto makes Pilut better as well. Posters are obviously entitled to their opinion but I wish some of us could appreciate what Risto brings a little bit more. Yes, he will turn into a buttered up elephant occasionally but he plays hard and the effort is (almost) always there. He’s an exciting player to watch.

When the team is winning he’ll be a great assett even if he lacks the capability to make us a winning team.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
This line up is closer to what it should be, but the obvious answers are pretty obvious.

Pominville on the first line, he's well rested, give him another spin. Reinhart helps the second line.

Dahlin-Bogo
Pilut-Risto
Bel-McCabe

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Pilut-Risto has been a good pair so why would we use it?

Scandella needs to be buried at ES and used on the PK where even there he isnt a difference maker despite Paul Hamilton beating that drum on the radio the other day. McCabe is just whatever, but atleast he can skate.

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
I wanna bitch about Pilut being saddled with Scandella instead of the blatantly obvious choice to play him with Risto, but I guess I should just be happy he's in there at all.

No clue why Hutton gets the start.

Some of the decisions Housley makes hurt my brain.

Reactions: Fearnot

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
Time to make the Hawks feel some suffering, hope we see the swords do good again in-spite of their many deficiencies.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Something tells me this 7 game home stand is going to be filled with a great deal of fight coming from the Sabres. I also believe either during, or immediately following this home stand, trades are made. I expect Botterill to show off any new toy he acquires in these home games. The playoffs are the goal, without giving up 1st rd picks, of that I have 0 doubt.
Buckle up Sabres fans, there may be a surprise or 2 coming your way if the team can play like the determined group they can be.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Something tells me this 7 game home stand is going to be filled with a great deal of fight coming from the Sabres. I also believe either during, or immediately following this home stand, trades are made. I expect Botterill to show off any new toy he acquires in these home games. The playoffs are the goal, without giving up 1st rd picks, of that I have 0 doubt.
Buckle up Sabres fans, there may be a surprise or 2 coming your way if the team can play like the determined group they can be.
Is this just thoughtful conjecture, or do have a little birdie from the organization whispering in your ear?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad