GDT: Game 51: Avs @ Sharks | Tuesday, January 26th, 8pm MT (NBCSN) | No Worries

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUHockey

Dec 15, 2015
Frei said that Grigorenko was healthy enough to play, and he was listed as a healthy scratch. Wagner stunk last night, so hopefully Grigorenko is back in.

Wagner, 11 for 14 on face-offs and 3 shots 1 give away and -1. There were far worse guys on the ice last night than him. My problem with this is the same problem I have with the crowd that does this with Grigs. The leash on these guys is too short and they are not given then chance to have a bad shift, period or game. So lets switch a guy in and out off the lineup with 3 goals in 43 games for a guy with 4 goals in 18 games, that will turn this team around.

How about we sit a top 6 guy who hasn't produced and get their attention and give Grigs and Wagner a little longer leash to get their feet under themselves. Same goes for Marty as well and let their line attach and bang instead of play the prevent defense they're forced into playing with their feet stooped at center ice waiting for the other team to attack them.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I'm not going to disagree that some top 6 folks should be punished over these bottom line guys, but Wagner was most definitely garbage last night, and all that stuff you're pointing out, the faceoffs and the shots, all came in garbage time when the team was out of it and the game was well over. At what point does none of that matter? He was an absolute disaster in the first period, he couldn't make a two foot pass, and was getting beat consistently in the defensive zone. At one point he tried to make a backhand pass to Bigras in the defensive zone with no one on him, and he missed by about 5 feet, and it led to a bunch of zone time for San Jose.

Wagner might have 4 goals in his limited games, but he's got far and away the highest shooting percentage on the team. He's gotten some good bounces, that's for sure.

Until Roy actually punishes someone in the top 6, I'm not going to believe it will happen. The power play was awful despite all those chances, and he still kept throwing out the same guys. Tanguay is at least picking up points in the last week, but he still looks terrible. I'm not quite sure what will happen but Roy keeps going back to these guys.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Tanguay seems immune to the healthy scratch

Despite my personal belief that playing a handful less games would be really beneficial for him because he's an older guy and needs rest

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Tanguay seems immune to the healthy scratch

Despite my personal belief that playing a handful less games would be really beneficial for him because he's an older guy and needs rest

Funny because before this year Tanguay was simply immune to being healthy. Now he's taking clappers off the face and only missing a shift.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Nice to see Will get some NHL time, wasn't tested a lot, but the goal also wasn't his fault. That was an insanely perfect deflection. I agree with McMetal, "it was one of those games", but it seems that one game every two weeks happens to be "one of those games" where every just goes wrong from the 1st second of action. This time though, I think its a legitimate excuse concerning the some of the most important players were all under the weather.

I am quite disappointed in Wagner's defensive game.

For a player who hits as hard as him and as physical as him, he goes into soft mode when it comes to defense (maybe too afraid to take a penatly?). I also think his IQ is quite poor for the defensive side as well, then account he's centre who has the most responsible job out of the 5 players; he loses his centre opponent a ton.

But offensively, I think his game on the under hand is underrated. I can easily see him being a bottom 6 legitimate 15 goal scorer during his prime on a Stanley Cup contending team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad