Pre-Game Talk: Game #50: Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Flames - Saturday, Jan. 18th 7:00PM - CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Santo is certainly out, Booth is probably a vegetable now, and Hank... well, it could be the end to one of the most impressive streaks in hockey.

At least we'll most certainly get a look at Lain, that should be interesting.

Canucks just seem beat down, beat up and a beat behind. The Flames could be just what the doctor ordered or they could be the absolute bottom for a team that has reached new lows.

Lines if all 3 are out?:

D. Sedin Kesler Burrows
Higgins Richardson Kassian
Sestito Dalpe Hansen
???? Lain Weise

Perhaps they call up Archibald/Welsh or if they want to try to get a little more offensive punch, they call up Jensen and see what he can do in the top 6. They could also re-call Corrado and put Weber on the 4th line. I don't really care to see Ferriero again.

SnapIt

Feb 19, 2013
Canucks win 6-1, but team morale drops a staggering (and irrelevant) 20 points.

Type Not Specified

Part of the process
Oct 1, 2010
Vancouver
Every other team can score empty net goals against us when we pull our goalie.

But we can't score one for the life of us.

I think that's something the team should really practice. The forwards, defence, and goalies should all be able to throw the puck in the net from long distance - think about every time we're up by two goals in the last minute of the game. We all know what will happen. The other team will pull their goalie and score two goals on us in 60 seconds. And we won't even be able to clear the puck out of our zone.

But now imagine as soon as they pull their goalie and throw it in our zone, as soon as it comes to our defence or goalie, we immediately hit the empty net. Boom. It becomes less likely the other team scores 3 goals against us in the last minute (though far from impossible).

First we need to work on getting it past our own blueline.

Betamax*

One piece of good news - no Mark Lee tomorrow! Friedman tweets that we get Ball and Hrudey.

Tommorow is Hockey Day in Canada, so all voices on deck, I guess Oilers/Jets fans will likely get the pleasure of listening to Lee.

Castle1*

Santo is certainly out, Booth is probably a vegetable now, and Hank... well, it could be the end to one of the most impressive streaks in hockey.

At least we'll most certainly get a look at Lain, that should be interesting.

Canucks just seem beat down, beat up and a beat behind. The Flames could be just what the doctor ordered or they could be the absolute bottom for a team that has reached new lows.

Lines if all 3 are out?:

D. Sedin Kesler Burrows
Sestito Dalpe Hansen
???? Lain Weise

Perhaps they call up Archibald/Welsh or if they want to try to get a little more offensive punch, they call up Jensen and see what he can do in the top 6. They could also re-call Corrado and put Weber on the 4th line. I don't really care to see Ferriero again.

Seems ok.

Garbage lines for a team that recently has played like garbage. I hope we lose a few more to force this lame duck owner to fire gillis who has done NOTHING.

Is that negative??

SighReally

Sep 6, 2011
Hamhuis is on After Hours.

Everyone tweet Scott Oake and ask why he hasn't been used as a net front presence yet.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Lines if all 3 are out?:

D. Sedin Kesler Burrows
Sestito Dalpe Hansen
???? Lain Weise

Man, that is ugly with a capital UG.

On the other hand, if the missing three are in and playing hurt, it could be even worse.

Not sure I really want to watch the game at all. For the first time in years, I was at home, had cold beer on tap, and deliberately refused to watch the Phoenix game. Turns out I made the right call from the looks of yesterday's PGT.

Will this team ever manage to score again...?

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Yeah guys Sedin Burrows Booth Santorelli Stanton Schroeder Alberts and Lu are out but if we lose the seasons over right :shakehead

this board<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad