Pre-Game Talk: Game #50: Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Flames - Saturday, Jan. 18th 7:00PM - CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
large.png
vs.
large.png

WHEN: Saturday, January 18th, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, British Columbia
TV: CBC
RADIO: TEAM 1040AM

Vancouver Canucks

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Ryan Kesler
Chris Higgins - Brad Richardson - Jannik Hansen
Tom Sestito - Zac Dalpe - Zack Kassian
David Booth - Mike Santorelli - Dale Weise

Dan Hamhuis - Chris Tanev
Jason Garrison - Kevin Bieksa
Alex Edler - Yannick Weber

Eddie Lack

Calgary Flames

Hudler - Backlund - Stempniak
Byron - Monahan - Colborne
Bouma - Stajan - Galiardi
Westgarth - Street - McGrattan

Giordano - Brodie
Butler - Smid
O'Brien - Wideman

Berra/Ramo

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I hope Burrows and Luongo return for this game, and that Henrik/Santo/Booth aren't seriously injured.

bure 96

Sep 6, 2013
The early to mid 2000s rivalry is back on as these two teams are playing on the same level at this time. :laugh:

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
2-0 Calgary. Last one an ENG.

Garrison has a chance to tie it in the final minute but his open net slapper from 2 feet out misses the net and ends up in the back of the Nucks goal.

Board continues to erupt.

Little kids cry, along with Dan Hamhuis.

Gillis puts David Booth on the market after the game. Willing to accept Bitcoins in return.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
2-0 Calgary. Last one an ENG.

Garrison has a chance to tie it in the final minute but his open net slapper from 2 feet out misses the net and ends up in the back of the Nucks goal.

Board continues to erupt.

Little kids cry, along with Dan Hamhuis.

Gillis puts David Booth on the market after the game. Willing to accept Bitcoins Dogecoins in return.

fixed

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
10-0 Canucks. Hat tricks for the Sedins and Kesler. Dale Wiese with the last minute goal.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
0-0 with a 20 round shootout, game gets called as a tie. Canucks acquire an okay 3LC after the game to beef up our PP and 2nd line......

Alan Jackson

Nov 3, 2005
Langley, BC
Have tickets for this game. Not excited for the game itself, but a few pints beforehand should be fun, and might help dull the senses enough to get through a shootout loss to the Flames.

Alibi or St. Augustine's?

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Will be skipping this one as I know the result already:

[spoil]we lose[/spoil]

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
not a must win but with Minny getting players back and the Yotes with 2 games in hand the Canucks need to win some games here fast against relatively weak opponnents coming up one would think.

Blue Suede Shoes

hound dog
May 5, 2012
Every other team can score empty net goals against us when we pull our goalie.

But we can't score one for the life of us.

I think that's something the team should really practice. The forwards, defence, and goalies should all be able to throw the puck in the net from long distance - think about every time we're up by two goals in the last minute of the game. We all know what will happen. The other team will pull their goalie and score two goals on us in 60 seconds. And we won't even be able to clear the puck out of our zone.

But now imagine as soon as they pull their goalie and throw it in our zone, as soon as it comes to our defence or goalie, we immediately hit the empty net. Boom. It becomes less likely the other team scores 3 goals against us in the last minute (though far from impossible).

J Canuck

Mar 19, 2013
the couch
Maybe take a little bit off the passes so that they can be caught and take a bit off the shots so that they hit the net. The team and fans seem wound up pretty tight and I don't think it's helping. Torts needs to pour shots at the bench to help everyone loosen up. Make mine a double.

Defeatist*

I smell a big win and then we can all pull back from the bridge after beating this powerhouse right guys?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad