Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2020-1-19_3-8-3.png

upload_2020-1-19_0-51-46.png

upload_2020-1-19_0-52-8.png

Mike 'Doc' Emrick, Eddie Olczyk and Brian Boucher will have the call of the Bruins-Penguins matchup on NBC from PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, Pa.

08-waterpolo-bingo2.jpg

Today's Officials

KS11.jpg
FS08.jpg

Referees Kelly Sutherland (11), Francois St Laurent (8)
Linesmen Steve Barton (59), Derek Nansen (70)

Supervisor Don VanMassenhoven
Ntl. Anthem Jeff Jimerson

upload_2020-1-19_3-10-27.png

upload_2020-1-19_3-11-4.png

upload_2020-1-19_3-11-34.png

upload_2020-1-19_3-12-21.png

upload_2020-1-19_3-13-32.png

upload_2020-1-19_3-15-57.png

TODAY’S GAME - The Bruins visit the Penguins tonight in the 3rd & final game between these teams this season and the Bruins’ lone visit of the year to PP&G Paints Arena … The Bruins are 28-9-12 thus far this season & are 12-7-3 on the road … They are 9-2-6 vs. Metropolitan Division opponents & are 19-6-9 vs. Eastern Conference foes. - The Bruins will next host VGK on 1/21 prior to their All-Star break & bye week … They will come out of that break in WPG on 1/31.

MILESTONES APPROACHING - Chris Wagner is 3 games short of his 300th NHL game.

INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2019-20: 203) - David Krejci: Upper body - Connor Clifton: Upper body (IR) - Tuukka Rask: Upper body (IR) - Kevan Miller: Knee (LTIR)

BOSTON vs PITTSBURGH, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Penguins are meeting for the 210th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 116-64-21-8 record and 799-643 scoring advantage in those games. - The Bruins are 44-42-15-4 lifetime in road games vs. the Penguins with a 365-352 scoring edge in those 105 contests. - The Bruins have won the 1st 2 games of this season’s series with a 6-4 win on 11/4 & 4-1 win on 1/16 (both in Boston) & they are 13- 3-3 in their last 19 games overall vs. the Penguins. They are winless in their last five visits to Pittsburgh at 0-3-2 with their last road win of this series a 6-2 victory on 12/18/2015, & they are 3-3-2 in their last 8 road games vs. the Penguins.

source.gif

NEVER FORGET

:bruins:pens

The Boston Bruins and host Pittsburgh Penguins have opposing missions going into their rematch Sunday at PPG Paints Arena.

The Bruins felt like they might have turned a corner for the better Thursday in their 4-1 home win over Pittsburgh, and hope to keep going in that direction.

Before that win, Boston had lost two straight and had taken some public backlash for a perceived lack of response the previous game after goaltender Tuukka Rask got knocked out of the game with a concussion.

But against the Penguins, the Bruins played a high-level, physical game.

"We always want to be (hard to play against)," center Patrice Bergeron said. "We weren't really happy with our (previous) two efforts, and you're facing a team that's playing good hockey. I thought we responded to the challenge well, but we have to carry that momentum on.

"It's about getting better as a team. There are going to be stretches where you need to work harder to get the result. So we keep working on it and keep getting better, but the way we competed and the mindset up and down the lineup was great to see."

Boston coach Bruce Cassidy said the team had a meeting that covered several topics, all aimed at recapturing their identity, including being more physical.

"It's not about going out there and trying to run them out of the rink," defenseman Torey Krug said. "Looking at our roster, we don't have that kind of group anymore. But we talked about sticking together and competing harder and sacrificing a little more. ... I think that desperation was lost there for a few games, so, hopefully, (Thursday's game) is a step in the right direction and we can kind of grasp that concept again."

Boston center David Krejci, who missed Thursday's game because of an upper body injury, is questionable for Sunday.

Goaltender Jaroslav Halak, who had a strong, 29-save game Thursday filling in for Rask, seems likely to start against Pittsburgh again.

The two games aren't a traditional home-and-home series. While Boston hasn't played since the Thursday game, the Penguins went to Detroit on Friday where they beat the Red Wings 2-1 in overtime.

Pittsburgh is looking at that win as a much better template for the rematch with the Bruins.

"We had the puck a lot. We had a lot of zone time. We were hanging onto pucks in that offensive zone," Penguins coach Mike Sullivan said. "That's when our team is at our best. We stayed close and offered that support when there were 50-50 puck battles. Those are the kind of details that are important."

Despite the loss Thursday, Pittsburgh has gotten a boost from the return of captain Sidney Crosby, who has scored a goal in each of his three games, two of them wins, since returning from sports hernia surgery, with six points in all. His three goals include his team's lone one against Boston and the overtime one at Detroit.

"It's very impressive," Sullivan said. "For most guys, there's a period of adjustment back to the speed of the NHL game, and Sid missed an extended period of time. But if you are asking if I'm surprised, the answer would be no because I watch his work ethic every day and how he prepares himself to get back into the lineup."

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Aww, not NBC again. NHL TV often gives me TVA's coverage and while I only speak a little French I'd almost prefer that at this point.

This game could get feisty. Penguins are going to want a big response after losing and being outworked last time, Bruins are not at a point where they can take a backward step. Should be fun. Home and homes are good, need more of them.

2 of Boston's goals last game came off broken plays and just getting the puck to the net. Need to keep doing that - Jarry's having a really good year but he's still inexperienced, or if it's Murray he's been struggling. Either way keep lots of rubber headed into the paint, fight like mad in the crease, and hopefully good things will happen.

Let's go with goals to Coyle, Pasta and Krug and a 3-2 Bs win. Get at 'em boys!!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I hear Kevan Miller may return after all !

I want a win today with no injuries.

I will never forgive the Pens for having cooke on their team . All of the complaining about head shoots and they employed the very worst offender in the NHL.

Oh and while I am ranting Malkin will forever be on my list for beating Bergy on the head while he was down on the ice. I hold a grudge for a very long time.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Why are they shoving Kelly Sutherland down our throats? I feel like he's been officiating a lot of our games recently.

Doc Emerick? Yay! (Sarcasm). Can't wait to see how he gets player names wrong. At least Clifford.....I mean Clifton isnt playing.

This could be nasty and I hope it is.

Just win.

Reactions: Baddkarma

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Hopefully the Pens have tired legs and Malkin stays in check. And main thing is hopefully the B's don't forget the message sent to them before the last game. Would love for this game to get nasty and watch the boys rally around each other.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
In general folks just be careful here please with your ask or respond. The rule as each has agreed to:

6) Streams/Copyrighted Material/Illegal Topics:
Do not post any of the following:
• Links to or requests for links to illegal streams
• Discussions of illegal streaming services or proxies
• Large portions of ANY article. The reader must have incentive to visit the source.
• Excerpts from any publication without providing editorial commentary
• Discussions of piracy techniques

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad