GDT: Game 50: Sabres vs Stars - 1/30 8:30pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
Feels like the management is tanking by not icing as good of a team as we can.
Want to forget this one and get the time back from watching this snoozer.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Mittelstadt's going to be very good, love watching him, every shift he's working his ass off both ends. Needs to shoot more.

Crappy game, they had a game plan we didn't.

Stars fan here, and I love Mittelstadt..He's gonna be a great one for you guys for sure. So much speed and skill but I think it'll take him a couple of years to really break out.

This view is violent, lucky Eichel's neck wasn't broken. The other view shows a borderline dirty hit.

Yeah, that should've been a penalty for sure. Unfortunately they probably saw Eichel get up quickly and assumed it wasn't as bad as it looks. Shouldn't have to be an injury to make that easy call. I was sitting across the arena and immediately said it should be a penalty:laugh:

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
The stars gameplan was to beat the crap out of Dahlin and Eichel and take them out of the game, sadly they succeeded they have no protection. other teams will take notice
After the panthers game (where they did that to Skinner after the streak ended at Tampa ) . this has been the go to.. (call it Lucic lite) ..strategyfor any team below us or in competition for a spot with us..
We respond a little better and McCabe and Bogo give us a smattering of grit .. but until we at least lay out anyone who touches Eichel(who can take care of himself , but not cheap paralyzing cross checks from behind) ..
That should be why Elie is playing against these cheap pricks and he should be waived as he does nothing anymore and has no purpose.. The league/team without an enforcer is lame .. Even cheap Yandle that exposed us did it by protecting Barkov (from nothing).. This dynamic is true as McCabe check last night clearly gave a spark.. Letting cheap dangerous hits happen without retribution causes hesitation and the league takes notice..Im not against wowie yet, but his lack of grit is one of the reasons we traded him. We lost tonight bevause of lack of finish and a good goalie and donations to zebra benevolent fund in Torontoland... This wont matter if we can win 5 of seven at home.. Its a coin flip as many thimgs are better but many are.. blah blah .

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
I thought Klingberg and Heiskenen were both exceptional tonight. Best players on the ice.

Dahlin had his worst game in memory.
Sobotka is a black hole but we need more out of the entire bottom 6 than that.

And Buffalo- hit the f***ing net for peter’s sake.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Why the f*** do people keep bringing up Remi Elie and fights? He has one career NHL fight. He has not and never has been an enforcer.

Reactions: brian_griffin

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
37f4cee.jpg

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Reinhart makes a lot of incredibly dumb desions for a guy constantly praised for his hockey IQ. I'm holding out hope the only reason Housley has kept him on the1st line is to Hodgson his value up before the deadline.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
This view is violent, lucky Eichel's neck wasn't broken. The other view shows a borderline dirty hit.

Shoulder to shoulder from my perspective. Was it violent? Sure, but we can't make up NHL rules because we don't like how our star player gets hit. Someone should have probably addressed it on the ice. Didn't happen.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Sabres had their hands full with the Stars tenacity and speed. They often struggle against teams that play like that. I thought they worked hard but came up short. It's a shame they squandered their 10 game win streak, because these games will be more common the rest of the season and points are going to get very hard to come by.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Now now, no reason to be so negative.

Yeah, yeah, I harp on people's negativity, but that's also in drect response to posters that have 3,00 posts and 2,999 of them are bitching about the player/team/coach/gm, etc. I mean, why watch the sport if you don't get enjoyment out of it?

Personally, I'm a fairly optimistic person, but the softness of this team really gets to me, and pretty much has since our cup team.

I hate being a fan that complains about borderline physicality, just once I'd like to be the fan on the other side of the argument that can say "hey, hockey is tough sport, deal with it", and then laugh when the DOPS does nothing to reprimand our guys after playing on the edge.

I guess what it really comes down to is their complete lack of identity, I could deal with the softness if they had the skill, speed, or IQ to overcome a lack of toughness, but they are just completely average at most aspects of the game :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad