GDT: Game 50: Sabres vs Stars - 1/30 8:30pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
That play Erod made with 2 minutes to go is one of the stupidest things I've seen a Sabres player do in the last 5 seasons and we went out of our way to collect stupid players in those 5 years. I doubt another team willingly passes the puck back into their own zone as much as we do.
I thought there was more like 3 minutes left, and it led to Dallas regaining possession in our zone and keeping us pinned for another 1:30.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Can’t get any consistency going with the team. Haven’t won 2 games in a row since December.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I thought there was more like 3 minutes left, and it led to Dallas regaining possession in our zone and keeping us pinned for another 1:30.

Yeah it probably was closer to 3 left considering Dallas had the puck for the next 90 seconds.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
That play Erod made with 2 minutes to go is one of the stupidest things I've seen a Sabres player do in the last 5 seasons and we went out of our way to collect stupid players in those 5 years. I doubt another team willingly passes the puck back into their own zone as much as we do.

I didn’t see the number who did that but that play stood out to me as one of the dumbest, least clutch plays from a Sabres player in a while. That puck needed to go up the ice.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
f1aavt.gif

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Someone in the front office needs to go to coach Q and offer him whatever he wants. Give him an oil field if he asks. We need competent coaching or things will never change.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
In spite of much frustration, the outcome was as I expected based on the 1st period. I think Bishop is now 11 -1 vs the Sabres? What, me worry??

Expect games to be played and called this way IF the Sabres make the playoffs.

That's a big IF mind you.

The sad part is that we are not built to compete in this style of game. I'm still in Botterill's corner but this team is too 1 dimensional when it comes to style of play.

I'm totally convinced that Housley has failed his coaching apprenticeship and should be replaced at the end of the season. His reaction to the disallowed goal was too meh for me.

Housley's dismissal won't happen if we do make the playoffs so I guess I need to swim upstream against my convictions and loyalties and secretly root for us to fail.....

Reactions: brian_griffin

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
I hit rewind to see who it was...I thought the same thing....what a stupid play. I was trying to quote Someone about the Rodrigues play being stupid but it didnt come through.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad