GDT: Game # 50 Rangers vs Buffalo - 7pm EST - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
voodoo-doll-buffalo-sabres.gif

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
It was a love tap. Not the first time he's done that. He did it to Hajek too, after scoring. He's a little too animated. He hugs everyone, threw a love punch at someone on the bench as he was skating by getting fist bumps after scoring. Etc, etc... Obviously many Rangers are not familiar or enamored by this show of exuberance.

I use to have a friend who punched me in the arm every time he saw me. He sorta like that.

Was just trying to reply this in last thread, when it got closed. Poor timing, story of my life.
If our team can't handle his exuberance, well then......we're softer than we thought. Somebody like Laf is important, to lighten up possible tightness, frustration or stress. Love it.

Furthermore, no wonder many here thought he had "C" capabilities. Need a rah, rah type on every team. Zucch was a quiet leader in that way. And Buch is quite the clown keeping things light.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
What is the reason the Rangers start completely dominating at the end of the season when it’s pretty much too late for two years straight now ?

Well they got shut down because of a pandemic last year so I don't know that it was too late. They would have likely gotten in outright had the season continued. It took a while for that team to get going and while they made big off season moves, it's really easy to forget just how bad that team was the season before. A lot of the optimism coming into the season was really based off of how that group grew as the season went on.

They've had shit go wrong for them this year but so have a lot of other teams, including the ones ahead of them in the standings right now (mostly Boston and Pittsburgh.) Another season where the pandemic gets in their way of possibly getting in (over 82 games, they would have had a real shot) but the reality is that other teams have done a better job handling shit they could control than the Rangers have. @mrmel329 pretty much covered it in the post above lol.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
We were GREAT defensively for like a 3 week stretch this season, then we had the Flyers games happen and we started smelling our own farts too much. Need to get back to that, take the offensive opportunities when they come, otherwise cover everyone in the D zone to live another day, and get the puck out at the end of a long shift. Fancy passes at the end of a shift to try to start a breakout are unnecessary and with tired guys they often end up in skates and right back behind our net for more extended zone time. We can get away with it somewhat against the Buffalos, NJD and Flyers, but not against the tougher teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad