Post-Game Talk: Game #50 |Pens vs Flyers | win | Sid: "I want to be the best. " You are buddy, we dont deserve you

Sid:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The fact that Geno now appears to be frustrated with Kapanen - and that it's not just Sullivan - may make some shuffling happen.

what in the history of Geno on this team and how he’s treated makes you think Sullivan cares a hoot about his line mates and that he has any say in it?

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
It's amazing how time changes things. There is zero zip to this rivalry anymore. None. No bad blood, no hated dirty guys to get mad at, no fire in the media, no controversy from the coaches, no grit to the games. No feeling like you got early on when the stars were young and still trying to prove themselves. The Flyers are just another team now.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I said during the game, Tanger with the best game in a while, icing on the cake with the OT Goal
I know it sounds weird, but with all shitting on Kappy tonight, I thought this was their best game together this season by a mile, defensively solid, actually having some possession and OK forecheck...lost afew pucks along the way but they look like having a little bit of game, little steps
GCR is a big problem...unless TJ is lights out they are bleeding chances, not sure why and whats happening but they better get into the video room and check this out..
Matheson had a brutal game tonight go figure
I thought CDS really settled in the third and looked sharp...again little steps
I like Heinen..
I don't like ERod, he looks like a guy with Zero confidence, just skating around...

Reactions: Still Apps

Still Apps

The New Gig
Jan 10, 2012
Home
Still getting 15-16 vibes out of this team. Never out.

Well, with Cullen on the bench it's no wonder.

Letang might have gotten away with a bit of a crosscheck on Giroux there but I am not complaining.

He really caught Hart napping by looking towards Sid. The puck got in because Hart didn't even manage to get down in the butterfly.

Yup, caught him while he was still in the chrysalis.:banana:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
If this team wants to go on a run they have to get Kapanen going. Benching him is not the route I would take tbh.

Feel like there might be a change of scenery swap or three way or something. This certainly isn't sustainable. Fwiw, I agree. I don't think he's a guy who responds well to it emotionally.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
If this team wants to go on a run they have to get Kapanen going. Benching him is not the route I would take tbh.
No, but it's time to reduce his role.

I like Kapanen. I think he has talent, and I think his looser personality is good for a locker room. But he's gone from struggling to actively hurting the team. He's not playing like a top six forward and no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt that his game will come around.

Reactions: Hockeygod66

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
I said during the game, Tanger with the best game in a while, icing on the cake with the OT Goal
I know it sounds weird, but with all shitting on Kappy tonight, I thought this was their best game together this season by a mile, defensively solid, actually having some possession and OK forecheck...lost afew pucks along the way but they look like having a little bit of game, little steps
GCR is a big problem...unless TJ is lights out they are bleeding chances, not sure why and whats happening but they better get into the video room and check this out..
Matheson had a brutal game tonight go figure
I thought CDS really settled in the third and looked sharp...again little steps
I like Heinen..
I don't like ERod, he looks like a guy with Zero confidence, just skating around...

I didn't think it was positive at all, and didn't see any progress. I saw Kapanen force the puck to 71 a lot, I saw a lot of turnovers, and I saw Geno get visibly frustrated after the last puck that was forced into his skates. Kapanen wasn't on his line on the next shift. I think you'll see a change the next game. Refusing to shoot the puck has been the bane of a number of the wingers who couldn't produce with Malkin.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
There's a lipstick on the pig quality to this win, but a win is still a win - and it's against the Flyers.

I didn't like a lot about the game other than the obvious legacy moments re. #500, except for our special teams - and honestly, even the PK didn't look that great in this one. Maybe because Giroux won all the draws, but still. The PP was hot however, and man do we need that these days.

Kris Letang had a GREAT game though. Both offensively and defensively. Fitting that he got the winner.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
If Kapanen would embrace cycling the puck he would have a spot here. But it seems like he only wants his offense to come from transition.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Kapanen had has every opportunity to prove that he's top-6 but just can't. Malkin's legs are almost back so that's good.

Thank you JR for the trades that made the two cups happen.

And thank God that he is gone for the trades he made after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad