GDT: GAME 50 | Mighty Ducks @ Senators | Let's Go Streaking Edition | Thursday February 15th, 7PM | TSN5, RDS2

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I was trying to tell everyone to pump the brakes on their excitement and the sens were like "I got you".

Reactions: Alex1234

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Glad I missed this one.

Korpisalo commits waaaaaaay to quickly. Got beat high on the shoulders twice two lousy goals due to bad positioning and going down to butterfly waaaaaay to early
I said earlier in the season that he need to learn to stay up longer, instead of going butterfly instantly.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
Glad I missed this one.

I said earlier in the season that he need to learn to stay up longer, instead of going butterfly instantly.
He’s still a capable goalie, a few tweaks here and I think he can get back to posting league average numbers.
I think the team defence just needs to adjust and give up shots on angles he can easily absorb or deflect. Cover the areas he struggles on
At best he’s an average goalie IMO sub.900 sv

Reactions: DylanSensFan

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Korpisalo commits waaaaaaay to quickly. Got beat high on the shoulders twice two lousy goals due to bad positioning and going down to butterfly waaaaaay to early
Korpi needs one of those shoulder pads from the 80s to help him stop the pucks that go high:

1708060872029.png

Attachments

• 1708060716289.png
    1708060716289.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 1

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I was at Tuesday’s game and tonight’s game. It was like two completely different teams. They didn’t seem to give a rats ass tonight.

Huh, I only saw the highlights and those made it looked like the effort was there but they were just snake-bitten. Seemed to be all us but then the Ducks would just score on every chance they got. Definitely a little too frantic though

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Let's hope a major shakeup comes this off season. Too many passengers.
They need a goaltender and they need a RD they have had major shake ups over and over again. I think a patient approach with a truly analytical look is what's needed. No more knee jerk reactions. They gotta build up the prospect pool again so they have a consistent pipeline and do this thing properly. Keep building around the right guys. Pinto, Grieg, Sanderson and Stutzle are all very very young. Something people shouldn't forget. This idea that they should be trading for a UFA this year is asinine. They gotta choose one of Chabot or Chychrun and they cannot be wrong. I think they gotta buy out Korpisalo. This level of inconstency at the NHL level is just unacceptable. Players can't play confidently in front of a goalie when they never know if he's gonna make a save. What makes it even more difficult with Korpisalo is he has talent. But it's quite clear mentally he is very very weak and with his style he can't rely on blocking when he isn't playing well or confident. That's why goals go in early in a game and in bunches. He is an athletic goalie who isn't discipline technically. Just not a goalie who can be relied on. He should be 1.5 million dollar back up on a good team. Not a starter on a young inconsistent team, it's the perfect storm for the worst role for him.

It's funny Forsberg is pretty technically sound he just isn't very talented. They're opposites and each players strength is the others weakness. Either way this is no good and this team needs a change. I'm fine with Forsberg riding out his contract as a back up. Stylistically he's a better fit for this team. But Korpi. He's gotta go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emrasie and WallyD

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I am fully convinced that we are seeing a seismic shift for this team with how it plays, unlike any of the runs under DJ, but we will see.
Well, I've been at 3 of the last 5 games. You can see Jacques's influence when they have the lead. Not sure I saw a seismic shift last night or in that Ranger game though. The PP has shooters on their strong side, that's different and it's completely taken away one timers on the PP. Otherwise I'm not convinced it's been much of a run of anything

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Not surprised at all after last game they were terrible after the first period. Was quite obvious, people wanted to pretend it didn't happen because of the result. When this group thinks they can win on skill and not do the work this is what you get. This is why they are a last place team.
I was at the Columbus and Anaheim games this week. Imo we won 1 period out of 6 against two bottom five teams

That's discouraging

Stuetzle is falling all over the ice like he's playing first year pee wee

Reactions: bert

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
It was a normal bad game. We were 8-2-2. It was coming. You’re goalie needs to not let 5 goals on the first 16 shots if you want to win these types of games
That game's not on Korpisalo

It was a bland first period and we're down a goal. 2nd period, Vatrano rockets a one timer top shelf. Beauty shot. Then MacTavish comes off the half wall uncontested and rockets a shot top shelf. I wouldn't put either of those two on Korpisalo and we're down 3-0 going into the third.

Idk wtf we're doing on the PP. Vatrano's goal was a beauty. We've taken away our own ability to score that type of goal with our PP setup.

Last edited:

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Chychrun looks awful. He seems like he is also very unhappy with his body language. When he shoots and it does not get through, it seems like his linemates who are all on do not even look at him after that shot. That says a lot. It's not like they skate back to him after the whistle and say something like "nice try, nice shot etc". I cannot remember who said it a couple of days back in the media, but a journalist said they are hearing rumblings that Chychrun does not get along with everyone in the room. Something is not right with him. Real shame.

Reactions: Crosside

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

It was a bland first period and we're down a goal. 2nd period, Vatrano rockets a one timer top shelf. Beauty shot. Then MacTavish comes off the half wall uncontested and rockets a shot top shelf. I wouldn't put either of those two on Korpisalo and we're down 3-0 going into the third.

Idk wtf we're doing on the PP. Vatrano's goal was a beauty. We've taken away our own ability to score that type of goal with our PP setup.
Korpisalo could have made a couple more saves but it wouldn't make a difference, we were just off all game, we had no jump in our step.

Defensively they were ok I guess, and they never got into trading chances, but they also weren't creating offense by creating turnovers,

The PP, I have mixed feelings on. They have been better at entering the zone and getting set up. They are moving the puck around but mostly on the perimeter. I'm not seeing us ever get the seam pass, and we don't get a lot of one timers. I feel like the bump play is where we get most of our chances,

Reactions: DrEasy

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Korpisalo could have made a couple more saves but it wouldn't make a difference, we were just off all game, we had no jump in our step.

Defensively they were ok I guess, and they never got into trading chances, but they also weren't creating offense by creating turnovers,

The PP, I have mixed feelings on. They have been better at entering the zone and getting set up. They are moving the puck around but mostly on the perimeter. I'm not seeing us ever get the seam pass, and we don't get a lot of one timers. I feel like the bump play is where we get most of our chances,
You can't one time a puck on your strong side... we've taken away our own shooting threats

Terrible game last night.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Tuesday was sloppy but their tendy was terrible. Tonight it was still sloppy but the ducks were more composed and our goalie was awful of the buyout caliber. I want a new goalie but f***ing hell Dorion created a sub par team.

Continually pointing the finger at the previous GM/Coach/Owner does not let the current GM/Coach/Owner off the hook today.

They’ve all been here long enough to identify the shortcomings of the structure of the team, and they should have a pretty good idea what needs to be done and what path they will pursue.

Not saying the honeymoon is over, but the upcoming trade deadline will be the first opportunity for the current management group to turn tack and point the team in a different direction…. And yes they have the constraints they’ve inherited and they also know what tools they have in their control, in the off season, so the moves made at the trade deadline should line up with what they have planned for the off season. Don’t think that whatever happens at the deadline will telegraph what happens in the off-season, but with zero moves involving players, picks or prospects so far, something has to be the starting point for change, and the trade deadline is the first step IMO.

Reactions: LiseL

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Continually pointing the finger at the previous GM/Coach/Owner does not let the current GM/Coach/Owner off the hook today.

They’ve all been here long enough to identify the shortcomings of the structure of the team, and they should have a pretty good idea what needs to be done and what path they will pursue.

Not saying the honeymoon is over, but the upcoming trade deadline will be the first opportunity for the current management group to turn tack and point the team in a different direction…. And yes they have the constraints they’ve inherited and they also know what tools they have in their control, in the off season, so the moves made at the trade deadline should line up with what they have planned for the off season. Don’t think that whatever happens at the deadline will telegraph what happens in the off-season, but with zero moves involving players, picks or prospects so far, something has to be the starting point for change, and the trade deadline is the first step IMO.
They want to take their time, not make mistakes and see the long term picture unlike you

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Yeah opposing goalies never stop our shots when they’re going top shelf lol

Im not saying we would have won if he was decent. But im saying if you want a chance when you lay an egg. You need your goalie to not be terrible.

5 goals on the first 16 is terrible. I don’t care if all the goals are on 2 on 1s

Didnt We win the deserve to win o meter lol. I say that in half jest.

But like yeah. If we are starting to consider “shots that went top shelf” as unstoppable then….

Last edited:
Reactions: Emrasie

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

You gave the previous regime ample time to facilitate and construct this organization yet you seem so impatient with the new group.

Reactions: Xspyrit

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013

Bump play on PP is what's left..when you have no point shot from Muffin Man

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Bleh, the worst part about it is that it was so predictable.

Anaheim gets bag skated and comes out flying and we give up a couple of stupid preventable goals while going massive amounts of time without a shot against.

It was one of those extremely slow motion car crash sequences happening in front of you.

Disappointing.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013

Ya, there's plenty of blame to spread around for this game. This is a game where the whole team pretty well just stunk & it looked like they were in some kind of deep funk. The passes were off, etc. Even if Korpisalo stood on his head, I doubt we were going to win that game with the way the whole team played.

Our offense was inept in this game. You got to get more than one goal as well to win games unless the game plan is to win 1 - 0 and keep the other team off the scoresheet. The one goal in the 3rd period was kind of a late, meaningless goal as well.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Bleh, the worst part about it is that it was so predictable.

Anaheim gets bag skated and comes out flying and we give up a couple of stupid preventable goals while going massive amounts of time without a shot against.

It was one of those extremely slow motion car crash sequences happening in front of you.

Disappointing.
Very hard to watch game,

You'd think that holding them to zero shots for the first 11 mins of the second period and only 2 in the second half of the first, we'd have been running all over them, but no, we couldn't generate anything substantial.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
They came out flat as a team. Another game without Sanderson and Zub. .. Is an issue for this defense corps and dzone play

The one thing that stood out for me , not for the first time, is the extra effort Giroux puts in. So many of these young Sens forwards should be embarrassed that they can't suck it up to a) play the right way and b) put in the effort that approaches what Giroux is putting out.

A flat 1st. The Sens seemed to adjust a little and held the Ducks to no shots through a large part of the 2nd. They were sunk by 2 quick goals at the end of the 2nd and another quick one at the beginning of the 3rd.

That's 2 games in a row where they got away from the stronger play away from the puck they were showing. The difference between how the played vs the Leafs vs how they played the last 2 is significant.

NOW they have to turn it around and get their belief in the game plan back and turn it around. This team has sunk lower in the past before finding the resolve to step it up. The effort level has to be ratcheted up without trying to do too much on your own, particularly if you are fighting it on a given night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad